Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love Sunday fishing shows. When I can't get out and fish myself then I enjoy a hot cup of coffee, a nice breakfast of grits and eggs and some Sunday morning fishing show.

What's your favorite TV fishing show?

·
Banned
2,114 Posts
Hawg Quest. I like to watch fishing shows that originate in the NW. FLW outdoors is good, but I get jealous watching people fish in 80 degree weather when I'm stuck here in full winter conditions.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Dr Hook said:
I love Sunday fishing shows. When I can't get out and fish myself then I enjoy a hot cup of coffee, a nice breakfast of grits and eggs and some Sunday morning fishing show.
What's your favorite TV fishing show?
Me, too.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
This old man gets spoiled, I have had 24 hour fishing shows on one channel this month and daily six - half hour shows on another channel and if I miss a show I want to watch it is repeated an hour later on another channel.

My favourite stars Paul Young, he fishes all over the World. So if you hear from a TV show in which he stars grab him and make a film with him. He shows the guide catching fish as well. The program is not just about him.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Bill dance and Roland Martin, on Sunday mornings are my favorite, although Tred barta is kinda fun to watch sometimes" Olaf get that one" :lol:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Fishing the West
Larry Czonka with SMOKEY JOE. Smokey's the man.
The buxom blonde fishing/hunting show. (can't remember her name)
Nugent and Barta.....tie
Hawg Qwest. Too many commercials...and interest is diminishing.

No bass or red fish shows.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sir John, Is Paul Young the guy that did "Fishing in India" about 20 years ago? They were profiling all the trout planting and fishing clubs, fly tying, and finished with an expedition up the Ganges for giant Mahseer.

As far as favorite fishing shows, it has to be the Bill Dance blooper reel that was circulating awhile ago.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Fishing with Shelly and Courtney!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hawg quest by far! Those guys are crazy but sure know how to get into te big ones! I also watched a show once i think on discovery channel i think called 'the one' or somethin like that where they were catchin fish all over the world and they got some big, ugly, freaky ass fish!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Fishing shows are kinda of boring. I would rather go catch fish than watch it on TV. Kinda like watching golf. I have seen Hawg Quest a couple of times.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
used to be fishing the west, but its not on anymore after hawg quest. any one know where it went?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
FM that was John Wilson from his show 'Go Fishing', they still show them over here. He has made thousands from the show, even has his own poles,lures. Nowadays he still does shows from around the World.

It was his show on the Fraser that made me want to do it last year. Of course he caught bigger fish than us.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Thanks SJ!

Everybody catches bigger fish than me, but that's ok. It's not so much the catching that gets me going, it's the fishing and everything it entails. Catching seems to be the reward for holding your mouth right.

·
Registered
266 Posts
hawq quest because its local and Glenn is a good guy. I loved fishing the west, it was groundbreaking back in the the day. I wish there were more local shows, hawquest cant be everywhere.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hawq Quest (gotta love their "Wayne's World" type approach.)

Honorable Mention - The Spanish Fly. It's all reruns now and it's on at odd times on ESPN. I love watching them site fishing the Keys Flats.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I just love the flying fisherman,Gaddabout Gaddis and Fishing with Jim with Jim Conway. Come to think of it I haven't seen them on the last couple of weeks! Whats with that?

Next thing ya know their gonna have colored television and have women going fishing and doing them there shows. :geek: I'm excited! Tup:

oldguy

1 - 20 of 59 Posts