Father/Son perch trip at Kapowsin | Gamefishin.com

Father/Son perch trip at Kapowsin

Discussion in 'Let's Talk Fishin'! The best fishin' community on' started by Esox Angler, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Esox Angler

Esox Angler Member

My son and I had a great outing yesterday at Lake Kapowsin. We fished from Erickson's dock and caught several
    large perch,they all had nice firm bellies.It would appear they are eating well. We just used the worm and bobber
    routine. Also caught a couple very small trout and way to many pumpkinseeds. We did see several largemouth roaming
    the shallows but pretty small. We did see a 3.5-4 pounder,infact we saw him through out most of the day.
    We tried to catch him at first,using spinnerbaits,jigs and cranks but he really didn't have much interest. After awhile
    we gave up on him and went back to the perch. He would keep passing by every now and then and my son would wave
    and say "Hi". Should we see him again soon,I think we'll have to name him.
    Anyway,just wanted to share our Father/Son outing and report. We saw a few other youngsters doing very well
    with the trout fishing,they to were using a worm and bobber but fishing a little deeper.
    Now if only the sun would return :cool:

2. fishlicker

fishlicker New Member

Very cool! Is Erickson's renting boats again?

3. RETTRO

RETTRO New Member

Yes, indeed...not sure for how long, tho...

The place is/has been up for sale awhile...

4. salmonfinder

salmonfinder New Member

I would have used the bayliner! clown:
    Glad you had a good trip! Tup:

5. fishn2gthr4ever

fishn2gthr4ever Moderator Staff Member

Great father and son fishing report, EsoxAngler! There are some really nice jumbo Perch cruising around in that lake. Tup: Tup:

6. thaxor

thaxor Member

how does fishing from the dock work? pay some money and stay all day?

7. stillwater

stillwater Active Member

Yes, $5 will get you on the dock till they close!

8. Esox Angler

Esox Angler Member

yes,$5 bucks from the dock and kids 6 and under are free. Usually we drop are little boat in but this trip,we were
    shorebound. I'm no expert but right now it seems that every spot on this lake is holding fish,just depends on species.
    Any of you folks want to get the kids on some fishing,plenty of sunfish and rock bass near the shore and the WDFW launch
    has some decent bank access. Thanks for all the kudos,certainly an awesome trip. Its great to watch my son get so excited
    about fishing. Good times for sure! Tup:

9. River Jim

River Jim Well-Known Member

I fished that lake as a kid and had a blast....It's hard to beat a father son fishing outing, glad you both had a good time.

Yours for better fishing, RJ out.

10. Esox Angler

Esox Angler Member

Thanks everyone! If the weather stays somewhat decent,we'll be dropping the boat in tomorrow. If not,we'll
    certainly be on it Friday. We went back up there a few days ago and still loads of fish around,whether you have kids
    or a kid at heart,you and them will have a great time. I got a feeling that other nearby lakes are probably doing about
    the same but havn't checked out to many others recently. Been meaning to go over to Tanwax but I always seem
    to arrive a little late,you know.....when the water skiers take over :evil:

11. fishlicker

fishlicker New Member

Might see you there, taking my daughter there today! It's been 25 years since I last fished there. Tup:

Search tags for this page

kepowsin perch fishing

name son who perch