Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just heard a rumor that the WDFW will be proposing a 30 day season (extended from 15 days) for Dove hunting to the Fish & Wildlife Commission...

Anyone hear this or know any more about it??? If so are they still accepting public comments?

I'd be all over this! Dove hunting has got to be one of best hunts of the year for birds. :p

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Extending it, or opening it earlier?
Extending it won't do us hunters any good.
The problem we have here is that the birds usually move out of the area BEFORE the season even opens, due to a couple of chilly nights.
That's kinda like extending ski season after all the snow is gone.

Doves are a blast!!! and you can shoot a mess of them........

·
2,222 Posts
At my feeding stations here I have 100's of doves eating every day. The Hawks are picking them off with regular shifts though. Under the power poles there are piles of wings, heads, and bones where the hawks and maybe even the owls are dropping the remains.

These doves could be hunted year around on my place

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
X5, i believe it's an extended season... I'm with you on the fact that most of the birds are out by then... this year was REALLY bad... sick: Has a bird season ever moved an opening up early Permanently around here????

However any extra for a bird season is OK with me! Tup:

JJ - Those doves are giving me the shivers already! how do you stand it!? those would be great to get you're pup a little more experience too. They love to hang out in the brush in the middle of the afternoon.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
River.......
I agree the last season wasn't very good, but we still scratched out several limits the two days we were out........not gangbustes, but lots of shootin' and some perty nice meals!!

JJ..............
where'd you say that feeder is located??!!
Nice pix!

·
2,222 Posts
There are several of them on my place. The one in the photo is about 250 yards from my front door. I can see the birds there from my porch.

I have one near the back 20 acres. When we had all the snow last week the Pheasants were thick back there. It was so covered with tracks it looked like the floor of a chicken coup. I did not see the pheasants there because I cannot see that feeder from the house and there is a fairly big hill between us.

I need to set up my ground blind over there when I get this new Camera equipment, I might get some good snaps there!

I could put my Trail cam there but I have 11 corsican sheep now and they will always knock down or bang into things like that, especially my big ram.

Before the sheep were here I had the game camera at this feeder

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
It'd be cool to set up a few wireless cams with good IR on those feeders, then you can enjoy watching all the wildlife from your laptop or plasma TV......day and night!

I know somebody who'll clean up those mags for ya!!!!..ahahahaha!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts