Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Hope everything is ok sir john!! Was it a big one?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lasted about 20 sec or more. Phoned my sister 50 miles away and she felt it as well. Now will have to wait and hear what damaged has been caused. Got the news switched on.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Well. I'm glad its wasn't serious enough to knock out your power and all that. Aint your time yet. Those ***** of your will get you first.

* Cigarettes for the PC Police.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bet there are lots of broken greenhouses. I thought it was an aircraft crashing. The animals round here went mad over the tremor. They are talking about it on the news now. Will have to wait for daylight to see what damaged has been caused.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just thro tremor 4.7 on scale and it centred here, city of Hull just on other side of water.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bet there is more than me staying up in case there are after shocks.

Now they are saying the epicentre is just south of me. In any case it was bloody close. I don't like rumbles thro my bum when writing reports for the site.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They have now upped it to a 5.3 earthquake. No after shocks so far.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Keep your head down ole chap!! I still need you to collect my lottery winnings over there!! All kiddin aside, I hope all is well over there. Those things can be pretty damn scary!

·
Registered
251 Posts
sir john said:
just been in an earthquake
Sir John -- This may sound stupid, but since I'm fairly new to this forum I didn't realize that fellow GF's were located all around the world. Are you really in England ? Did you used to live in Washington ?

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This old man lives by the sea in the village of New Holland in Lincolnshire. You can follow this link.

http://maps.google.co.uk/

Then type in DN19 7TL and this will give you my street. I live in a bungalow (single storey) dwelling with a square conservatory at the back of the building.

I try to get over to WA once a year and have fished and met folk from the site these past three years. Did not think I would make it again but I am coming over once more to give out English lessons to the Barbarians. I will and at SeaTac on 3rd Sept.

·
Registered
251 Posts
sir john said:
This old man lives by the sea in the village of New Holland in Lincolnshire. You can follow this link.

http://maps.google.co.uk/

Then type in DN19 7TL and this will give you my street. I live in a bungalow (single storey) dwelling with a square conservatory at the back of the building.

I try to get over to WA once a year and have fished and met folk from the site these past three years. Did not think I would make it again but I am coming over once more to give out English lessons to the Barbarians. I will and at SeaTac on 3rd Sept.
very nice - nice to meet you "electronically". I am in Oakville WA. Thanks for the info !!

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Been both sides of you but not on that stretch of 12. Last year in Centralia and year before Elma on my way to Westport.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts