Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past year I have gotten into dutch oven cooking and am liking it. Are there other fellow game fishing dutch oven cookers out there? Any favorite recipies? We have cooked about 8 or 10 dishes so far and the favorite is Grandmas dutch oven chicken. Marinated in a soy sauce concoction, and boy is it tasty. I havent broken it out for a while and thinking of doing a cookout with the neighbors this weekend. Any suggestions on a good recipie?
JDL

·
Registered
16 Posts
All kinds of recipes we do on a regular basis: Dutch apple pie, Fudge in the Dutch, Applecream cheese cake, chilli, Greek chicken, more if your interested

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I thought a "Dutch Oven" was when you farted in bed and then held your wife's head under the covers!!!!!!! sick: sick: sick:

I never new you could cook in them... wink:

·
Registered
8,603 Posts
I keep telling Mrs. Bubba that we need to buy a dutch oven......... I bought her some Q-tips now so she can hear me better....... The fish are right around the corner and the recipes for these babies are endless......... What do these things cost ?

Bubba Tup:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
OB-1 said:
I thought a "Dutch Oven" was when you farted in bed and then held your wife's head under the covers!!!!!!! sick: sick: sick:

I never new you could cook in them... wink:
Your thinking of a covered wagon. :D

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Just remember this if'n yer cookin outside with coals:

Qty. of charcoal = 2 x the Diameter of the Oven = 325º
Each additional charcoal adds 10-15º to Cooking Temperature

Bake = coals in rings 2:1
ratio top over bottom
Stew or Simmer = coals split evenly

Broil = coals in checkerboard
2:1 ratiotop over bottom
Fry or Boil = all coals on the bottom

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Baked Salmon

Ingredients

1 Salmon Filet (determine size according to number of people to be served.)

Black Pepper

Garlic Powder

1 Fresh Lemon

4-6 Fresh Mushrooms

4-6 Green Onions

4 oz Creamed Cheese

Leave skin on the salmon filet.

Slice filet into wide strips. Place salmon strips, skin side down, into bottom of 12" Dutch Oven. Sprinkle on black pepper to your taste. Sprinkle on garlic powder to your taste. Cut fresh lemon into quarters and squeeze over salmon strips. Slice fresh mushrooms into thin slices and spread over salmon strips and onto bottom of oven. Slice fresh green onions into thin slices and spread over salmon and onto bottom of oven. Drop small chunks of creamed cheese onto salmon strips. Top with lemon slices for color and presentation. Cover Dutch Oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I have several dutch ovens and enjoy cooking with them. If you hit the sportsman shows, you can usually catch C-Dub or someone else there doing demos. C-Dub also has some great cookbooks on using Dutch Ovens.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Looks good ******! Tup: Tup: The few times I've used my dutch oven, we buried it with some coals and did either a slow cook roast or grouse with veggies.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
I am going to clean up the dutch ovens and use them at hunt camp this fall! that pot pie looks awesome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts