Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I click a link to a website, the site comes up in a "windowed" mode instead of having the window size maximized. I can maximize it manually of course by clicking the button in the upper right hand corner. I can't seem to find the right menu to make all links pop up maximized by default. This is using Windows XP and IE 6. It drives me nuts.Any suggestions? Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
6,601 Posts
Try using a different browser. Sorry, that's all I got.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
ie7 took over a year ago so I forget all the older stuff. IE7 uses tabs. Take's aminute to get used to but it really is cool having tabs and your links open in a new tab full size.

I think I found your solution?

"right-click" on the blue E shortcut icon and select "properties." Under the "shortcut tab" select RUN "maximized" from the drop down menu next to "Run"

not sure if it wil work for IE6 for what you want but try it and let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Nightcrawler. I knew about that one and it works well for any websites that I have shortcuts for. My problem is when I click on a link that is already imbedded within a page I am already browsing. i.e posting.php?mode=reply&f=4&t=728 . When I click on embedded links it goes to "windowed" mode instead of "maximized". I can either resize the window or maximize it, but only as an extra step after it is opened.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Try this - when you open a new window that is not completely maximized, click inside it to make it the active window and then hit the F11 key to change it to full screen. Close the window by moving your cursor to the top of the screen and clicking the x. All subsequent windows you open should now be in the full screen mode. Sometimes the toolbar disappears when viewing in this mode but automatically reappears when your cursor approaches where it should be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts