Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Lab put a hole in my wall with her big butt and I have spackled it 4 times now and she keeps running into the same place ( The very end of the hall, she runs too fast and can't make the turn) and cracking it out. Is there any thing stonger than spackling I should be using? I am trying to paint the house but can't. I don't want to paint that wall until I get this fixed. :?:

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Tiderunner said:
Is there any thing stonger than spackling I should be using? :?:
Winchester?

j/k.

Good luck...I've patched walls because of my lab as well but every hole she made was intentional. Sounds like your dog isn't trying to do it, it's just a lab.

·
Super Moderator
1,972 Posts
You could cut out the spackled area and screw in a new piece of drywall then mud it. The new piece could be screwed to an extended length of wood set into the wall and screwed on for more displacement. Mud, sand and texture the area and you should be good.

·
Registered
126 Posts
what I would do is cover the hole with thin sheet metal then cover the the wall with 5/8 drywall . tape and mud the sides,trim will cover the bottom , dog proof.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I think for best results is to do what BW said cut out and replace- might consider trying Wayne's coat or other decorative panel for bottom half of the wall.

G

·
Tiderunner said:
My Lab put a hole in my wall with her big butt and I have spackled it 4 times now and she keeps running into the same place ( The very end of the hall, she runs too fast and can't make the turn) and cracking it out. Is there any thing stonger than spackling I should be using? I am trying to paint the house but can't. I don't want to paint that wall until I get this fixed. :?:
Quit spackling her butt......she's trying to get that stuff off of her. That's why she keeps running into the wall. She's trying to break it loose. GEEEEESH!!!! HElllllooooo!!!! wink:

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Big Worm said:
You could cut out the spackled area and screw in a new piece of drywall then mud it. The new piece could be screwed to an extended length of wood set into the wall and screwed on for more displacement. Mud, sand and texture the area and you should be good.
Thanks for all the input, I have started doing what BW suggested, cut out damaged area, now I need a 3 X 2 ft piece of drywall and 2 x 4 for a extra brace. Sometimes I think the shotgun approach would be better.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
tear off the old drywall back to some framing

fill in with 1/4" plywood under 1/4" drywall to match wall height

·
Banned
733 Posts
Big Worm said:
This is the correct way to get it done. Once you do this it should be fine Tup:
Omar

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Hand a picture over it, put the dog in a diaper for cushion, call it a day!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used One Horizontal Brace and Two Vertical braces, screwed the new 2 x 2 ' drywall piece on, mud, tape more mud, and finally a top coat. Today I'll prime. texture and paint. Job done. Thanks for your inputs.

·
Registered
434 Posts
just in case you could always slip some short reinforcement studs inside while you've got a hole cut out- this would make your new piece a little more.... puncture resistant!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts