Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clacka vs Willie
Riverwolf vs Lavro or Hyde?

got a friend that is going to buy one of these boats in the 16 or 17ft boat..he wants a pretty basic set up just doenst know which brand to go with....

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
depends on what and where he is fishing it.

They are all good boats. The clack glides over anything. The willie tracks better than all.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I think they are all good boats too. The real struggle is alum vs glass, and 16 vs 17'. Used or new? Older clacks were tanks. I have not rowed a new one, but they sure look nice.
You could do a search, and find out all you want to know. I run glass, but might get a aluminum boat. I doubt I'll get rid of my lavro. It slides over everything so nice. I don't put 3 people in it that often, but a down point would be the narrow bottom. The 16' willies have 54' bottoms. They don't draw as much water, but they don't slide over things as good, and are way worse to drag. There are a lot of decisions to make...or a bunch of trade offs.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have had 3 Lavro boats over the years and loved the way it slides over rocks without hanging up

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
You could get 100 different answers to what's the best. It's a debate that will go on forever...Mines better than yours just doesn't apply.

Willies are great boats as are Cracker Craft, Lavro, RW, Alumaweld on and on and on. Dude find one you like and you'll be happy. Find the one that has the things you need and go from there.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Or start a collection. 3 or 4 should be enough drift boats. Then you can move to power boats. wink: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
380 Posts
from what Ive herd go with clack, or the cadilac hyde, easy to row and will handle most all water, if they still built wildhair id go with that. the riverwolf feels heavy dont care for it, rowed one on the duc twice almost got in trouble, prefer my wildhair super easy to row. if dont want to spend a lot of money go to willie. just my two cents.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My last boat was a 16' Koffler high side guide. I loved that boat and used it from the WA coast to montana. It looked like a bent up beercan when I sold it. I just saw it the otherday on Craigslist. I now own a Clack FB 2008. It is really nice. Comfortable and easy to row. I am mostly after trout but If I was primarely chasing steel in WA I would get the Koffler of Willies. BTW Willies has a deal now where if you finance it is only $100 a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts