Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to fish blue creek with my DB so i was going to stick my longshaeft or whatever its called 15 horse on the boat to use it as a way to get back upriver at BC. the thing flies with my 15 foot saltwater aluminum boat so i would think it would have enough power to move my aluminum 15' DB upriver a few undered yards..

any thoughts? thanks.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Are you wanting to try and make it back around the corner to the launch,or just back to the head of the drift?

If you're just looking to make more drifts,the 15 will work fine if the shaft is long enough. I don't know about making it back to the launch.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not around the corner just that few hundred yard drift from above the launch to about where the majority of the bankies are. and possible the other side of the river

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
If you aren't going down around the corner and trying to get back to the launch,I'd go for it. The 15 will be plenty for that. I'd just make sure the shaft is long enough that you'll have enough prop in the water.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i think it is but i have oars also i dont want to go anylower because that water can get skinny and fast. thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Just make sure your drift boat has current registration, most don't. As soon as you put a motor on it you get to pay every year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts