Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What prawn style do you like for Drano Springers.. ***** or Arctic prawns?

Cures? Over the counter stuff or HOT aZZ chems?

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't lead me astray wink: ...I was thinking the sweet **** shrimp is what they want, that is what we bobber fish end of May. The arctics are what Bc uses and most folks in the Willamette, but for some strange reason all the studs at Drano, you know who they are the regulars in the old Smokercrafts and and overalls that are stained red from head to toe.. Those dudes use all use their steelhead bait which are *****.

I have found that my typical Willamette prawn spinners dont work in Drano becase of the Lack to current..Unfortunatley I didnt get enough water time last season to experiment with smaller shrimp! This year I am goin to use what rocked the coho at the klick!

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Lead you a stray? **** for Steelhead prawns for Springers. Look at the article here on the site about Drano it'll show ya a pick of the type of prawn and spinner ya want to use.

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
FastAction said:
Don't lead me astray wink: ...I was thinking the sweet **** shrimp is what they want, that is what we bobber fish end of May. The arctics are what Bc uses and most folks in the Willamette, but for some strange reason all the studs at Drano, you know who they are the regulars in the old Smokercrafts and and overalls that are stained red from head to toe.. Those dudes use all use their steelhead bait which are *****.

I have found that my typical Willamette prawn spinners dont work in Drano becase of the Lack to current..Unfortunatley I didnt get enough water time last season to experiment with smaller shrimp! This year I am goin to use what rocked the coho at the klick!
I have to ask why you ask? conf:

For those who really want to know here are what you want if you plan on fishing Drano or the Wind river area. Along with your herring and assorted plugs that are a must have on board, remember they are Springer and they can be a little fussy at times wanting one thing one minute and something else the next. You can buy prawns along the way already cured for you if you don't want to cure your own. For the guys bobber fishin later in the year ***** can be bought from Wind Mountain resort as well as your sand shrimp. Bobber fishin turns on later in the year when the fish start to stack in the little bay and at that time I have still done better on Springers with ARTIC PRAWNS under the float.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have TONS of shrimp, get them from Tri-cities and cures coming out the Wazzu- (Insert crappy WSU joke here from a Duck fan)

I saw the pic of your prawn spinner and the head on that thing looks like a big **** shrimp. I really believe there is a difference in the flavor and smell of the 2 shrimp.. much like a Herring vs anchovie or a Fish hawk adventures "Herrovie" LOL

Just gettum at the right depth and fish!

Those are for sure arctics in your pic!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CascadeBob said:
"I`m going to use what Rocked um on the Klick". If you know what your going to use, why ask?
Because there is about 20 people that I have heard about that get to fish 10X as much fish at Drano than I do and I want to confirm that they indeed are using a particular kind of shrimp.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I'm guessing there are tons of way to cure them, anybody like to share how?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Arctic Prawns are the way to go, seriously, but you can go ahead and use **** shrimp if you want. :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Where do you guys buy arctic prawns. I've seen **** shrimp all over, but I've been told prawns caught in BC and Nova Scotia are the best with west coast farm raised OK but not asian farm raised. Many stores don't mark em and the guy behind the counter doesn't know. I'll be fishing and cureing prawns this year for the first time and need confedense that I start with a good product.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts