Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a DVD from the library about fishing the Pt.Defiance area by Doc T-Ho-Ke. I remember watching this in the late 70's early 80's. Does anyone know what happened to him?

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
He's recovering commercial ghost nets.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I fished with him twice back in the 90's up out of Sekiu for springers. I have the same VHS and watch it fairly often as some of his tips have worked as of late. He was/is a big fan of salmon fly's, fast speed etc. He aslo had a line of tackle that was in the Kitsap Sports Store for a number of years.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was just wondering what had happened to him since I knew that the show I got from the library was 20 or more years old. His fishing log he talked about was from 1969 and 1970.
Is he still using the same type of flies and rigs he did in the film?
What does he think of the decline in the fishing from then to now?
At that point in his life he caught a 21 pound king and that was the largest he had caught up to that point, has he caught anything larger in Puget Sound since then? That kind of stuff... :lol:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
His videos were the best Puget Sound fishing vids EVER! We used to watch them during our lunch breaks. Some of the very best fishing tips I ever got were from him. If he comes out with any new stuff on DVD let us know because I can't find them anywhere!

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, Pierce County Library has some but they are for people to borrow not buy. There in one on ebay on the San Juan islands $39.99.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have also seen some of his vids like the blackie fishin' at Jeff head one I recall. I also remember buying some of his setups he had for sale at the Puyallup sportsman's show like 20 years ago. Good to hear he's in on the ghost net removals Tup:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
wannafish said:
Well, Pierce County Library has some but they are for people to borrow not buy. There in one on ebay on the San Juan islands $39.99.
The one on ebay is a VHS. I'd like to get some on DVD since I don't have a VHS hooked up to any of the TV's anymore. I have a buddy who used to have a bunch of VHS tapes maybe I'll give him a call and have a few put on DVD.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I picked up a booklet at sportco that T Ho Kee wrote, it was sponsored by an oil co. In the booklet there was a hook modification that he called "kill em in the brain". I considered the concept strange.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blackmouth said:
I picked up a booklet at sportco that T Ho Kee wrote, it was sponsored by an oil co. In the booklet there was a hook modification that he called "kill em in the brain". I considered the concept strange.
It was probably written when we felt that the fish might last forever.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
squidward said:
The one on ebay is a VHS. I'd like to get some on DVD since I don't have a VHS hooked up to any of the TV's anymore. I have a buddy who used to have a bunch of VHS tapes maybe I'll give him a call and have a few put on DVD.
I think the library put them on DVD to preserve them (the originals are VHS tape) They aren't the best quality DVD. I was wondering after 20 sum years if the information about the fishing is still good. What do you think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts