Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You have two weeks to turn in your information if you went crabbing or not. You may want to take care of any other tags you need to report on as well. WDFW will stick you for an additional 10 bucks if you forget.

Dont skip it and give WDFW an excuse to screw us next season!

https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/puget_ ... catch.html

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
i see that u can report the crab catch card online wish they would do that for salmon and steelhead

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I never got a winter card I had one for this summer and never used it do I still have to report it.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
fishing bear said:
I never got a winter card I had one for this summer and never used it do I still have to report it.
Same here, and I'll bet there are a ton of folks out there in the same boat. I was told when I bought my original crab catch card that they would mail me the winter one. Never happened. I bet WDFW still wants you to call in. Kind of dumb really - "Did you fish for or retain any crabs?" No Dummy, I didn't have a catch card so I couldn't have legally gone for crabs! Can't wait to see what kind of new "improvement" they are going to try next.

You want to make a ton of money? Patent a waterproof device that looks like a toilet paper tube. Sell it to all license holders so they can wind all the receipts, licenses, tags, catch cards etc on to it. Then you could install a regular toilet paper holder on your boat and when you get checked you can just yank on the end of it and unspool all your documents. Also if somebody confused your license holder for the real thing, it would be no great loss!

[/RANT OFF/]

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even if you did not crab you need to report. If I hadn't been sent a card like I was told, I'd be calling in to report and chewing someone arse while I'm doing it. Send a few nasty emails or whatever. I wouldn't recommend blowing it off completely as it will inevitably be used to screw us over even more in the future. They'll forget it was there screw-up and all they'll remember is the low participation numbers from sporties. Then they'll use it as an excuse to shorten the season, limit, or both. :evil:

If you bought a crab endorsement, one way or another report your catch (or lack of, if that is the case.)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Elkrun said:
Even if you did not crab you need to report. If I hadn't been sent a card like I was told, I'd be calling in to report and chewing someone arse while I'm doing it. Send a few nasty emails or whatever. quote]

Elkrun, I didn't get the Winter Catch record either and am happy to express my dissatisfaction to the Dept. Anyone know a phone number of the best person to give my comments to??

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Elkrun said:
Even if you did not crab you need to report. If I hadn't been sent a card like I was told, I'd be calling in to report and chewing someone arse while I'm doing it. Send a few nasty emails or whatever. I wouldn't recommend blowing it off completely as it will inevitably be used to screw us over even more in the future. They'll forget it was there screw-up and all they'll remember is the low participation numbers from sporties. Then they'll use it as an excuse to shorten the season, limit, or both. :evil:

If you bought a crab endorsement, one way or another report your catch (or lack of, if that is the case.)
I agree with you 100%, Elkrun. I certainly wasn't encouraging not phoning in a report.

WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND WILDLIFE Contact: Rich Childers: 360-586-1498 OR 360-902-2464.

Or report online at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov/wdfw/puget_ ... catch.html

·
Registered
606 Posts
I tried to report last night and was told their records indicate I never purchased a winter card. When the summer one was sent it came with instructions that a winter one would be mailed. I never got it. I guess WDFW counts cards the same way they count crab.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I talked to a guy at the 360-902-2464 number and he said since I never got a winter card and I didn't crab that I didn't need to report. He said the web page is suppose to say that but it doesn't and he has been getting a lot of calls about it.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It would seem to me that if they didn't send you one and you paid for it, then you'd be entitled to a partial refund. I would certainly be asking anyway.... You paid for the crab endorsement so you could crab all season, they denied you half the season by not sending you one. You should get half back.

·
Registered
606 Posts
ELKRUN, you seem to be neglecting the fact that this is Washington State. You never get any money back. Not getting the services you pay for is something the state relies on.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Just finished up with all of ours, took about 15 minutes and saved a few bucks on postage

·
Registered
474 Posts
Pretty easy process for reporting. I like the online part. I do wish the license paper was a little easier to fold and organize. The best way for me so far is to fold it all up and put in a small ziplock bag. One bag for each person. With all recipt paper that getts currly and all the seperate pieces needed it feels like someone wants me to be disorganized so I will mess up.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
epidemic said:
I never received my winter card. conf:
I think most didn't get theres

1 - 17 of 17 Posts