Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I am not really all that impressed with the candidates closing in on the final tally I often wonder if people consider who the running mate might be to make thier voting choice? For me, this year I think it is critical as those left seem to lack integrity imho and who they choose is what might balance them out? Just curious as to what others think? :shock:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
The running mate does not matter to me. I would not vote for Obama even if Ronald Reagan was alive and was his running mate.

One of Huckabee's sneaky, underhanded liar groups called here last night with a supposed poll. What it turned out to be was a smear campaign on Romney and I plan to check the name/number left on caller ID and report it. Hardly anything mentioned about McCain at ALL, and I now think that Romney's accusations about Huckabee are TRUE. He knows he can't win. He's just acting as spoiler, just like the Romney campaign said he is.

Huckabee is every bit as dirty and sleazy as Carl Rove.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
If my decision is a tough one, I will eventually get to the running mate as a deciding factor. It is probably not in the top 5 criteria however. The last time it factored in my decision was in 1988, I liked Bush but could not abide with Dan Quayle as being 1 heartbeat away from the Presidency.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I can understand the apprehension over the running mate eddie. Some would have Obama take Hillary for a running mate. If his survival instincts are working I don't think that will happen. He'd never make it thru his first term. The only way to stay safe for him is to become HER vp candidate. That way she gets his supporters and doesn't have to employ some nasty options.

I suspect this Nov. there are a bunch of folks that get the form of government they deserve. Ya gotta be careful about what you wish for. The saying used to be Death and Taxes. It will become TAXES and Death.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
FS as much as I don't wanna I suspect I will have to vote for McCain when the time comes. Our good Christian bigotry and the BB s will bury Romney and that leaves only one option.

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skorzeny said:
FS as much as I don't wanna I suspect I will have to vote for McCain when the time comes. Our good Christian bigotry and the BB s will bury Romney and that leaves only one option.
Same path I seem to be headed.

I totally agree with FS on Huckabee though ... I think he is a slimebag in the hiding and one of the candidates is about to expose and bury him.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Skorzeny said:
If his survival instincts are working I don't think that will happen. He'd never make it thru his first term. The only way to stay safe for him is to become HER vp candidate. That way she gets his supporters and doesn't have to employ some nasty options.
Jabba, I must confess I am puzzled by this part of your reply. Could you explain further? Are you saying that Hillary would have a President killed so that she could ascend to the Presidency? Or is this a racial thing? Either way, you have some very strange demons running through your head. Please explain.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
eddie said:
Skorzeny said:
If his survival instincts are working I don't think that will happen. He'd never make it thru his first term. The only way to stay safe for him is to become HER vp candidate. That way she gets his supporters and doesn't have to employ some nasty options.
Jabba, I must confess I am puzzled by this part of your reply. Could you explain further? Are you saying that Hillary would have a President killed so that she could ascend to the Presidency? Or is this a racial thing? Either way, you have some very strange demons running through your head. Please explain.
Hmmm... I must have the same demons running through my head. I trust the Clintons (and especially Hillary) about as much as I trust PETA to guard the Colonel's chicken coup. Obama would be setencing himself to death if he chooses Hillary as his VP.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
What kinds of drugs are you taking? Do you have any more?????

·
Registered
421 Posts
McCain is old and will probably need a good running mate to beat the left. Someone with name recognition and mass appeal would serve him well.
How about Newt Gingrich?

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hillary and Trust in the same sentence. sick:

Obama needs to prove he has integrity imo.

McCain has a strong backing and now with Romney bowing he just got a boost of turbo pressure.

I am starting to think that at least in this election the candidates chosen running mate is going to be crucial to the publics impression of thier campaign. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
The saying used to be Death and Taxes. It will become TAXES and Death

Change the word around becomes

Death and TEXAS. ;)

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
viperman said:
. Someone with name recognition and mass appeal would serve him well.
How about Newt Gingrich?
LOL

Newt has some pretty high negatives, so whatever moderates McCain manages to cobble together, Newt will drive away.
He is political poison on any national ticket.

Newt Gingrich is as slimy as Romney, he just doesn't have any money. The reason he doesn't have any money is because no one will fund him. The reason no one will fund him is two fold.
Extremely high negatives, and slimy................... Tup:

·
Banned
1,674 Posts
Oh I think he is still popular amongst some on the right, but in a national election where the moderates of both parties will be picking the winner, he has high negatives.

Given the dwindling nature of the Republican party, I can't see them taking any chances on Newt in the foreseeable future.

He will probably pick someone younger, and more conservative than he is.

I 'll laugh my ass off if he picks another lame old white guy just like he is.

The Republicans have issues, and so McCain's pick may matter more than the Dem's pick.

If you want to read up on the '52 republican Convention , it may provide some insight as to what sorts of things happen when the moderate wing, then represented by Ike, runs afoul of the movement wing, then represented by Taft.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
eddie. I cannot drag it up, but there is a list of the Clinton's associates that shows their associates have a penchant for accidental and violent death. None of them have died of natural causes. The list is a long one and was posted hereabouts last year. Wish I could call it up. Will have to do a search.
In the name of gratuitous speculation: The Clintons have at their disposal an ex or perhaps employed Arkansas state police type or other that is a professional eraser. Most of his work appears to be accidental demise, with a suicide or two tossed in. Think Vincent Foster. Of course there is no proof. If there were they would be in the slammer at best.
I would bet a beer that if Obama takes Hillary for a running mate he does not survive the first 2 years. I would love to believe I am wrong.

Found em. eddie do a google of 'clinton associate death list'. There are too many links to post em all. But you might understand someone's reservations about the viability of being close to the Clintons.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Did you find the snopes debunking of that list too Sko? clown:

For such a smart guy I seriously can't believe you could be duped by such preposterous and remedial propaganda? wink:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I just don't understand how an apparently bright guy like you can buy into that Snopes propaganda pablum. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Jabba, do you have cabin fever over there in the big snow? You are too smart to accept the "Clinton Associate Death List". I see 47 names on the list. How in the world could anyone kill 47 people and have no one talk about it? If I was to tell you that the 9/11 towers were brought down by the government, you would rightly point out that a conspiracy of that magnitude could not be kept a secret. Same with this. Too many people have far too much to gain by proving these allegations, if there was even the germ of truth about them, we would know. You should check out the snopes arguement, it's darn compelling.

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Are you talking about possibilities or probabilities? I personally have a great distrust of coincidence. Especially in the Foster case. I suspect a professional hit man could do the job without undo stress. Tell me all about Carlos. He did for more people than anyone knows.
There are scenarios the seem one way and are another. I see now that a new medical report on the Kennedy assassination allows for the possibility that a 2nd projectile entered JFK's head from the front and exited the rear of his skull, an area that had already been destroyed by the projectile that arrived from Oswald's position, allegedly. The Warren Report was a coverup and it will be most of another 30 years before the evidence collected in the investigation becomes public property.
Is the Clinton death list all smoke, is it some fact and some fiction. I don't know. Perhaps my dislike of the pair drives my acceptance of the possibilities. I sure as hell don't believe they are incapable of the actions implied.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts