Game Fishing Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
If I know that fish should be in the hole or I see one or two roll and I know they may be holding, Ill fish it with everything until I get the fish. I like to start out with floats and jigs for a quick view and if nothing, Ill switch to drifting bait and if still nothing I usually start throwing spoons and if I still don't get anything I just throw all my gear in the water and go home pouting like a baby. :lol:
That gets expensive on bad fishing days, trust me.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
powder said:
Red Neckersom said:
If I know that fish should be in the hole or I see one or two roll and I know they may be holding, Ill fish it with everything until I get the fish. I like to start out with floats and jigs for a quick view and if nothing, Ill switch to drifting bait and if still nothing I usually start throwing spoons and if I still don't get anything I just throw all my gear in the water and go home pouting like a baby. :lol:
That gets expensive on bad fishing days, trust me.
I hear ya Powder.

Have you ever been to the Powder River? I was their this summer.

Just thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
powder said:
In fact, they plant chinook in that river. I caught 2 last summer. Lots of trout there too.
Ive always wanted to try it for the shovelnose sturgeon and catfish. I didn't know about the chinook, pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Ive only fished it between Buffalo and Gillette Wyoming.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
powder said:
In fact, they plant chinook in that river. I caught 2 last summer. Lots of trout there too.
Ive always wanted to try it for the shovelnose sturgeon and catfish. I didn't know about the chinook, pretty cool. Thanks for the info. Ive only fished it between Buffalo and Gillette Wyoming.
I didn't even know it went that far lol. It starts at Phillips lake in Eastern Oregon. My grandparents live just north of it. We actually had our family reunion last year on that lake. Really nice area if you ever get a chance to visit it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
too bad that doesnt happen to you very often red. you could just bring lee and he will call them out :lol:

·
Banned
109 Posts
Spoons, jigs, and pink worms. I have caught a lot of fish drifting eggs but I like to catch them by a good presentation with an artificial or catch them on something that I have tied myself.

·
Banned
733 Posts
O. mykiss said:
Spoons, jigs, and pink worms. I have caught a lot of fish drifting eggs but I like to catch them by a good presentation with an artificial or catch them on something that I have tied myself.
I feel the same about catching fish because of the presentation rather than just throwing bait at them. Not that i have a problem with bait at all i just prefer to go after my fish without it. :D
Omar

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
I still do quite a bit. I don't really care for float fishing, I like to feel the bottom. I'll float fish if thats what everyone is doing so I am not screwing everyone up. But its drift fishing for me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts