Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need a spell checker?

Firefox v2 has an awesome built in spell checker. You have to tweak it a little in order for it to auto check the forum post form.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason why article titles and search terms aren't included in the spell checker is because Firefox only enables the spell checking on textarea fields, not text input fields, such as this forum post form. Lucky there's a quick fix for this.

To change this setting, just type about:config into the Firefox address bar, and then filter by this:

layout.spellcheckDefault

Just double-click on the item in the list and change the value to 2, as shown. No restart needed.

No more typos in the forum post forms!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
I have tried it in the past with the old forum and had issues, so I have only used IE for this site, but thanks for the tip, I will now give Firefox another shot, and it just caught my typo, that's cool Doc Tup: Tup:

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
Very nice! Works like a champ.

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, the old forum had some issues with Firefox but this forum works great with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
I also like how you can optimize Firefox for high speed connections with the add-on Fasterfox.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have used Firefox for several years and like it. I have never had any issues with using it on this site. Thanks for the tip on the spell checker. I will set it up.

·
Administrator
13,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Easy Limits said:
I also like how you can optimize Firefox for high speed connections with the add-on Fasterfox.
I can't find that add-on?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I use it all the time and like it. Tup:

I have noticed every now and them I have to go to explorer to view items on certain websites though. I have no idea why. conf:

·
Super Moderator
6,601 Posts
I also like the eQuake Alert add-on.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks! I use Firefox on Linux and couldn't get it to spell check the subject lines automatically.

Much appreciated.

John Purser

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I have had far fewer problems and pop-ups with Firefox. It has saved me from quite a few silly mistakes on this forum. However on occassion it has the loading problem but i guess with millions and millions using it ill give them a break Tup:

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
i use it for sites that I have to use flash and can';t get arond it. let me explain. I run 64 bit IE on a 64 bit OS. way way faster but no 64 bit flash support yet and Firefox is still developing their 64 bit browser. I'm looking forward to when x86 is phased out entirely
The functionality between the 32-bit and 64-bit browsers are identical from a feature standpoint (both have the pop-up blocker for example). Of course a native 64-bit app has direct access to more memory etc and the 64-bit browser can/will take advantage of that.
http://www.theserverside.net/tt/articles/showarticle.tss?id=NET2BMNov64Bit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts