Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who's going to be fishing in the Discovery Bay Derby this weekend.

The current weather forecast looks just about as good as you could expect for this time of year so the fishing should be great.

Here's to everyone having a great, safe time on the water. Tup:

Be sure to post you results and take lots of pictures of your fish. clap: clap: clap:

·
Registered
992 Posts
If I can get my truck up and running and a fishing partner, I was going to try for Sunday and Monday.

No guarantees that I will be there, but if I do, I'm not going to be able to spend the night. It will be a drive up drive back home type of a thing.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
SCARBOO said:
I will be there with bells on!

SCARBOO
Dude, bells make you look fat.
clown:

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I was planning on fishing this derby, but now can't due to the ever popular "boat issues". More specifically, raw water pump. Good luck to you guys. The weather looks great too Tup: .

·
Registered
474 Posts
I will be there going out of john wayne on saturday and sunday.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Weather report is sure looking good. clap: clap: clap:

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will be there all 3 days fishing out of port townsend. fishing out of 22 ft. hewes searunner with Dave/Crunch. Will be camping in the pking lot in my eaglecap camper on my ford f350....stop by and say hi if anyone is around or shout on 68.

Weather looks great....planning for extra ice for beer.

Greg

·
Registered
693 Posts
how long would it take to get to disco bay launching out of everett @ lets say 30-35 mph, chop permiting...we have the fuel range in the seahawk

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
crop duster said:
how long would it take to get to disco bay launching out of Everett @ lets say 30-35 mph, chop permiting...we have the fuel range in the seahawk
CD,

If you fish the Mid Channel area of the derby I don't think its that big a run.

On the other hand if you want to fish some of the banks in the straits, that's going to be a little longer of a ride.

If you are going to try and run over, I personally would suggest coming the night before and mooring in one of the Port Townsend marinas so you could be out at first light on the fishing grounds. The tides are good early, but change to a good swing after 9am, if I remember correctly.

Good luck regardless.

·
Registered
474 Posts
launching out of everett, I would say 45 minutes to get to possession most of that time in the channel from the launch, 15 minutes to double bluff. 30 minutes to pt. townsend. and 35 minutes to discoverly bay. Total I would say a little over 2 hours to get from everett to discovery bay itself. Take a look at the map though cause you don't have to go all the way to discovery bay. There is a weigh in station at pt townsend and most of the west side of whidbye island is in the fishing area. Good luck out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts