Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone get a chance to see the New Spoons with UV at the show last week? The Kokenee could be in for a spanking this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not in stores yet, but very soon. Also Dick now has DNA scent with UV attractant. Thanks again Dick. Soon to be in your local Sportsmans Warehouse. Tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
WDFW and ODFW have asked me to re-think the introduction of UV Active Dick Nite Spoons and UV Active DNA.

It seems that the combination of the Original Dick Nite Spoon action with the UV attraction alone causes concern for the powers that be that the fisheries will suffer substantially. When the UV Active DNA is added to the aforementioned combination, their fear is that the fish will be completely gone within the first season, leaving none for upcoming years...

I do not want to be responsible for the decimation of Salmon, Trout, Kokanee, and Shad resources - after all, we did just join CCA as a corporate member! I'd hate to be in a fight against myself - getting the nets taken out just to replace them with a much more deadly alternative...

One beta-test fisherman was killed while tying the lure to his line - he was foolishly doing it while facing the water - the fish swamped his boat and, being a poor swimmer he went to the bottom pretty rapidly. Having UV DNA on his fingers, although all the visible light was gone at the bottom, his fingers were as bright as could be - the fish left in the water attacked him - the resultant feeding frenzy and boiling water could be seen by terrified anglers in boats up to a mile away. Needless to say, we have consulted our insurance company and legal representation about insurance and warning labels...

I will let you know what my decision is. If you really think you can handle that amount of power, and not misuse it, I will consider introducing the lures and scents to select retailers - but please be honest with yourself - can you really trust yourself with a lure/scent combo that allows you to limit without even putting the lure in the water?

Stay tuned...

Dick
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,223 Posts
Mr. Dick Nite,

My husband and I promise to respect the power and to practice catch and release, if only we could get the chance to try out the new line. wink:

When they do become available, which UV Active DNA scent would you recommend for saltwater salmon?

Thanks for the great gear through all the years!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,206 Posts
dicknite said:
WDFW and ODFW have asked me to re-think the introduction of UV Active Dick Nite Spoons and UV Active DNA.

It seems that the combination of the Original Dick Nite Spoon action with the UV attraction alone causes concern for the powers that be that the fisheries will suffer substantially. When the UV Active DNA is added to the aforementioned combination, their fear is that the fish will be completely gone within the first season, leaving none for upcoming years...

I do not want to be responsible for the decimation of Salmon, Trout, Kokanee, and Shad resources - after all, we did just join CCA as a corporate member! I'd hate to be in a fight against myself - getting the nets taken out just to replace them with a much more deadly alternative...

One beta-test fisherman was killed while tying the lure to his line - he was foolishly doing it while facing the water - the fish swamped his boat and, being a poor swimmer he went to the bottom pretty rapidly. Having UV DNA on his fingers, although all the visible light was gone at the bottom, his fingers were as bright as could be - the fish left in the water attacked him - the resultant feeding frenzy and boiling water could be seen by terrified anglers in boats up to a mile away. Needless to say, we have consulted our insurance company and legal representation about insurance and warning labels...

I will let you know what my decision is. If you really think you can handle that amount of power, and not misuse it, I will consider introducing the lures and scents to select retailers - but please be honest with yourself - can you really trust yourself with a lure/scent combo that allows you to limit without even putting the lure in the water?

Stay tuned...

Dick
You crack me up!!! I was reading some of the stuff on your web site, too funny!!! Nice to see a businessman with a good product and a sense of humor. Keep up the good work! Tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
epidemic said:
Man.... what am I going to do with the two bottles of DNA I have now if I have to buy the new UV ones????
Send them to me! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,625 Posts
fishn2gthr4ever said:
Mr. Dick Nite,

My husband and I promise to respect the power and to practice catch and release, if only we could get the chance to try out the new line. wink:
Yes but can you swim? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
649 Posts
epidemic said:
Man.... what am I going to do with the two bottles of DNA I have now if I have to buy the new UV ones????
This can be a problem solved easily with a paint brush...

When attracting fish, as you all know, the more the better when it comes to scent. Salmon, Trout, Kokanee, Shad and the like are not connoisseurs looking for a dainty little meal a of a few bites and with sprigs of stuff growing out of it like you see on the Food Network, conversely, they are sustinence hunters - the easier it is to smell, the more attracted to it they are - kind of like going fishing at 0:dark thirty and smelling Biscuits and Gravy with Chicken Fried Steak at the greasy spoon - that's the attraction!

What we suggest, after much research and testing, is - and this is only in non-selective fishery areas - to paint the hull of your boat with the old DNA. This will put a trail of scent hundreds of feet long, several feet wide behind your boat to guide the fish to your UV Dick Nite. Similar to landing lights on a runway at night - only with smell, not sight as the director...

PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS WITH THE NEW UV DNA! We don't want a bunch of blind fish out there - where would they get the little waterproof white canes?

If you are fishing from shore, another method is to squirt a whole bottle of non-UV DNA up-river from you - chumming of sorts, only much more effective. Of course, again, do not use the UV DNA for this, as you will need to shield yourself from the glare and might miss the fish flying at you when you are tying on your UV Dick Nite - and a concussion may result...

Stay tuned - I may make the UV DNA available to Gamefishin members selectively... Don't know exactly how, but we'll see. It might be a good test as to the sustainability of the fish with a controlled test...

Dick
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
693 Posts
i swear i will only dab a little on my anchor with a q-tip! thanks again for signing my hawg quest hoodie at the show... Tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,144 Posts
I missed the show this year...My fiance and I really wanted ot go but something came up and we hust couldn't make it. Please keep us updated. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
dicknite said:
WDFW and ODFW have asked me to re-think the introduction of UV Active Dick Nite Spoons and UV Active DNA.

If you really think you can handle that amount of power, and not misuse it, I will consider introducing the lures and scents to select retailers - but please be honest with yourself - can you really trust yourself with a lure/scent combo that allows you to limit without even putting the lure in the water?
Remember Formula 409 had the same problem!

Too much of a good thing can't be Good!

"TRAPPER"
In my book you can never get too much of a good thing!

The Million Dollar Fishing Lure
The Million Dollar Fishing Lure it's made of three pounds of gold and platinum, and encrusted with 100 carats of diamonds and rubiesâ€"4753 stones in all, and is over 12 inches in length. They also have less expensive lures that cost from $150 to $1,200. . It's over a foot long, and is designed for big-game fishermen who are looking to hook the next Moby Dick. Wana buy one ?
wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,576 Posts
Oh great Rich,
I come to the Portland show and head directly to your booth to find you are absent for the day.....Needing my DickNite lure fix for the upcomming shad season I mistakenly figure nothing new is out from your company and must be satisfied with the ll pounds of "Nites already in my shad box. (visualize shoulder slumping, and heavy sighing here)
Do you happen to know if Bobs' in Longview has recieved or shall get an order of the new lures before the mid-May opening of the shad season???? Does Brad need a gentle reminder of your new product to make sure he places an order?? Be happy to help if that be the case?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
Those dang Dick Nites better work. I just put a sticker on my boat - I'm team Dick Nite!! Tup:
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top