Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at buying either one...willie is about $1000 more

money aside which boat rows better and why? not built better, or more of out there, but fishy wise. Looking for really maneuverable boat

THANKSSS

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I can't give you a head to head comparison but maneuverability really comes down to wetted surface, fore and aft rocker, sharpest bottom edges, total weight, and overall balance. Opinions are like @[email protected][email protected] as everyone has one. Usually based upon what they currently own or have owned. Empirical data comparisons will sort it out. Good luck on your choice.

·
Banned
2,847 Posts
have you thought about a clacka yet?

·
Registered
76 Posts
you will get MORE than a $1000 back in resale value. Plus the Willie is a better boat. That said...I bought a clacka. Just sayin.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
If you are new to Drift boats you will not be able to really tell the difference between them...And if you are buying your first DB and decide DB's are not for you then the Diamond Back will take longer to sell and you will loose money on it....I was in the same boat ( no pun intended ) as you are and did my research for about a year before I bought a Willie...I could not believe how easy that Willie rowed up some fast currents and how easy it handled..I had guys from Oregon fighting over it and they were not even members of GF..I ended up selling to a GF member from WA....My advice is if you get a DB get a very good set of oars right when you get one.....If I ever buy a DB again I will go with Fiberglass...Aluminum is LOUD and COLD and Sticks to rocks easy....If I bought aluminum I would go with a Willie with that new thick cutting board type of plastic that they glue to the bottom now that is optional....JMO..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts