Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey GF'ers

Anacortes Salmon Derby Tickets are going fast. As of this morning ... we have confirmed just over 600 tickets sold from the 800 available. That's 75% of the tickets gone since they went on sale, Feb. 1st. The marina staff indicates that some moorage is still available.

We are continuing to amass some great merchandise prizes (all new of course). We have an 8' inflatable boat ($1,200.00 value), a chainsaw, gas powered weed whacker, Safe-T-Puller ($900.00 pot puller) Cannon Mag 5 electric downrigger, two Shimano Tekota Reels, Shimano Rods, portable BBQ, Marine batteries and too much more to list. The prizes keep rolling in! Last year, we gave away an estimated $15,000.00 in merchandise in addition to the cash.

Don't get shut out. If you're planning to attend ... I suggest you buy your tickets - sooner than later. Heck, Bruce might even show up for a chance at some of the loot!!!

Any questions - shoot me a PM

Jay

·
Registered
426 Posts
just got mine....also resv'd some moorage at the marina.

would they be able to put a boat in w/ the sling even with bunks? might take a couple minutes longer but i'm sure we could do it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gravy,

Word is that - bunks are a go. Just know that free launching equals long lines... and patience is a virtue.

See you at the Derby

Jay

·
Registered
992 Posts
So does anyone really know if we have to set up moorage for the boat, or is this really for the bigger guys sleeping on their boats.

I want to get there Friday by 6pm to get the boat in the water and have a place on the dock so I don't have to deal with launching on Sat. morning.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The lower Columbia springers are calling me and now I'm gonna miss this derby. Your derby was the best one last year, but the lower river is only open for a short time and I GOTTA HIT IT. Hope you all have a great time.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks FM. I do understand when a fishery calls. Springers are special.

Tictac,

Did you make a moorage reservation yet? In order to have a slip - you must call the Cap Sante Boat Haven to make arrangements. Do so soon if you haven't already. Friday evening will be a busy time at the hoist (it was last year) - but better to go in Fri. than Saturday if you want to get an early start. Permanent slip assignments have not be made (yet). Port Staff is waiting until all reservations have been taken, in order to assess the "best fit" for all vessels (large and small). We will have Derby volunteers at the launch to let you know where your slip is located. We will also have volunteers on the dock(s) with radios assisting contestants as well. For those arriving by water: you can call the marina on VHF 66A for a slip assignments - or by cell at (360) 293-0694. That information is in your ticket packet.

Jay

·
Registered
145 Posts
The wife and I are going again this year!! Tup: I'm really looking forward to it. I'm betting the weather can't nearly be as bad as it was last year. We'l be trailering the boat this year and I can verify that there was a long line on Friday to sling the boats off the trailer. So I'm gonna try to get there early.

Peter

·
Registered
86 Posts
I wish I was going to be here but unfortunately I am booked on another Detachment on the Reagan but I did write about it in last weeks Whidbey News Times so I hope you get alot of folks from around here. I really can't wait to retire I haved missed a lot of fishng.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the ink Fishfry ... and keep safe on the briny.

There are less than 150 Derby tickets available (over 650 sold). Get 'em while they last.

Jay

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
thanks for the reminder,,,,i forgot about reserving moorage

i just called (8am sunday),,,I am #178 out of 200

22 spots left

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hey, Dash, could you explain the parking program up there for the derby.

Last year, I saw all these lots with $10 signs right near the launch, but figured they were private lots, and I drove over to the north end of the Marina and went into the Port parking, but ended up paying there anyway.

What are the options for parking car/trailer for the two nights?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I just called as well. They just needed derby ticket # and boat info.

I didn't ask how may spots they had left.

Funny, when I first called last month they said not to worry, they'll have room.

Did they tell you to call back the week of the event so you know where your spot is at?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TrollKing,

I don't know how to answer the trailing parking cost issue - but I'll find out.

Tictactug,

If you called a while back .... then the response would have been "plenty of room". I'm sure you realize the moorage cannot be unlimited. When I first discussed this with Dale Fowler (Marina Harbormaster), he indicated that we could pretty much guarantee about 200 spots. Do know that a lot of you will be sharing 55' & 66' slips (same as last year). That means squeezing the smaller boats into these yacht size slips so everyone can get a spot. Beyond the 200 boat threshold ... Dale will make every effort to accommodate as many as possible. Capacity is a bit subjective - and depends on the length of boat(s) - and how they will all fit in the slips available. Beyond that number .. some boats may have to moor in the North basin of the marina if there is space available.

Jay

·
Registered
992 Posts
Dash One said:
TrollKing,

I don't know how to answer the trailing parking cost issue - but I'll find out.

Tictactug,

If you called a while back .... then the response would have been "plenty of room". I'm sure you realize the moorage cannot be unlimited. When I first discussed this with Dale Fowler (Marina Harbormaster), he indicated that we could pretty much guarantee about 200 spots. Do know that a lot of you will be sharing 55' & 66' slips (same as last year). That means squeezing the smaller boats into these yacht size slips so everyone can get a spot. Beyond the 200 boat threshold ... Dale will make every effort to accommodate as many as possible. Capacity is a bit subjective - and depends on the length of boat(s) - and how they will all fit in the slips available. Beyond that number .. some boats may have to moor in the North basin of the marina if there is space available.

Jay
Plenty of room was the answer, which made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. It just didn't sound right. Nonetheless, I'm set now. They'll probably squeeze my litte 20 footer somewhere. Just so long as I can get out at o'dark 30. I don't want to wait for the guy that is blocking me in.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Derby Tickets Going, Going, Gone?

Just to let everyone know ... we've sold around 770 of the 800 tickets available for the Anacortes Salmon Derby. There are approx. 30 left for sale. I expect we'll be sold out by tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks to everyone who bought early. I appreciate your enthusiasm for the event, and your support for the club's scholarship program.

Jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts