Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone else see the incredibly convuluted "logic" of the Bush Admin regarding the destruction of the videos of the waterboarding? If I can follow it - it's something like this.

Even though the CIA needed to notify Congress and the Justice Dept. if they were going to destroy recorded evidence of their methods, since these tapes were recorded in a "secret" prison rather than Guantanamo, the CIA and Bushco decided that this didn't apply.

We had great sport with Slick Willie and his definition of is. What in the world can justify this kind of bull crap?

My signature line becomes more appropriate every day!

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
Look what happened when the photos of Abu Graib surfaced. Do we really need to see this video. NO! Who gives a crap if he was waterboarded or whatever. The only reason Dems are crying foul is because their running out of things to whine about. Can't fulfill any campign promises or please the radical left that cripples the party, Pathetic! He gave up important information that saved American lives and thwarted terrorist plots. Believe it or not. Bottom line is if you had the opportunity to torture someone to save your son or daughter or father or mother...Would you do it? Damn right you would. If you wouldn't, I sure wouldn't want you as a relative. And guess what...I wouldn't want to see the vid either... wink:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Poor Ed.....only another year or so to obsess over Bush....Here is something that was sent to me today from Texas that sums up my feelings about torture....
Texas Councilman T. Bubba Bechtel, a part-time City Councilman from Midland, TX, was asked on a local live radio talk show the other day just what he thought of the allegations of torture of the Iraqi prisoners. His reply prompted his ejection from the studio, but to thunderous applause from the audience.
"If hooking up an Iraqi prisoner's balls to a car's battery cables will save one Texas GI's life, then I have just two things
to say: Red is positive, Black is negative."

Just what is it you are trying to panic about Ed? Waterboarding people who want to kill every one of us or is it just another cause celeb f0r the Bush haters? Should we give the terrorists nice hotel-like rooms with televisions and HBO...heck we already feed them better than our own soldiers.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is not about waterboarding or torture. It is about the legal ramifications of destroying the tapes. Just as with Clinton, his machinations about the meaning of is, was about lying, not about having sex with an intern.

I'm hopeful on January 21, 2009 we will have seen the last of GW Bush and his crew. Tup:

·
Registered
581 Posts
thanks for lunch by the way

We'll have a whole new pack of liars and crooks taking over in 09........One nightmare for some will be replaced with yet another nightmare for others....And the partisans will view everything through their partisan glasses no matter which side they are on.

As far as those tapes go why would anyone in their right mind want to keep something so it could be used by partisans to tear down the country some more and help our enemies? With the exception of McCain, most people making Biden-Like deal out of waterboarding are doing so to make political hay and score points for political purposes. Nothing has changed in Washington or on the microcosm of this board....The left and right are predictable. clown:

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Grandpa, you are welcome for lunch. It was fun. You ask about why anyone would keep these tapes. The question really is, why would you make them in the first place? And, then, why would you tell Congress about the existence of the tapes? Finally, why do you then destroy the tapes which gives everyone the idea that they contained something that the CIA did not want anyone to see? Now the Justice Department (part of the Administration) is telling Congress not to investigate, they will handle it. Unfortunately for the Administration, a bi-partisan group in Congress is not going to play ball. It is being described as a "cover up of a cover up". As I said at lunch, it is not only that I disagree with this group, but that they are so incompetent. This episode is just another example that confirms my position.

·
Registered
15,119 Posts
eddie said:
This is not about waterboarding or torture.
Really? So if the tapes were of a table dance preformed by the CIA's reseptionist at a family picnic you'd want to see that too? Oh wait never mind...You probably would... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts