Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Just tell me why we invaded Iraq FF, the old man forgot what where the real reasons stated by our leaders. :?

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors.
Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."[citation needed]
Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the alleged 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
Members of al-Qaeda were "known to be in Iraq."
Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, including the September 11th, 2001 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them.
The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998, the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I can just see foolz tellin his grandkids what a badass he was during the Iraq war.

"What'd you do in the Iraq war grandpa?"
"I talked like a tough guy on the internet, and called people who were aginst the war 'wussies' "
"Wow, gramps. You were so brave."

:roll:

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DanS said:
I can just see DanS tellin his grandkids what an idiot he was during the Iraq war.

"What'd you do in the Iraq war grandpa?"
"I talked like a tough guy on the internet, and called people who supported the war efforts "wussies".
"Wow, gramps. Those brave men and women could have used YOUR support too, how could you have been so stupid?"

:roll:
Their. i fixed it fer ya... :D

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
Thank you TK, can you further tell me if this war when it first started was Internationally legal??????????????

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
"Thank you TK, can you further tell me if this war when it first started was Internationally legal"

I would say yes by the apparent lack of legal proceedings against the 80+ participating countries. Just a guess however

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
nuke: The Democrats Lied!!!! nuke:

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
A UN sanction, extreme prejudice, type. I believe the vote was for and with the US to rap some Iraqi knuckles. As usual many prefer that the US do their dirty work for them.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
SJ I don't know why you get so pissed at Tony and George. Vent your anger where it should be directed: at the French, Germans and Russians who refused to do anything to bring Saddam to heal. There must be political boards in those countries too, let them have it. Heck most of NATO isn't even helping much in Afghanistan either. The US, Brits and Canada are carrying the mail over there while the Germans don't want to get shot at

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
DBA I hope you have been watching the programs that I posted. Four votes for out of a total of fifteen is not a majority in my eyes. Over here the majority of folks were against this war (Iraq). Up and until late in the day even Tony did not have a majority in Parliament. Then suddenly the Attorney General said that the war was legal, even tho upto until then he had been saying it was illegal. You have to remember that the guy got the post because he was Tony's friend, no Parliament checks over here. Tony gets to say who the Attorney General is and that is that. When Tony left his job so did the Attorney General. Gordon then appointed a new one.

On Afghanistan what I have never got is why it changed over to being a NATO responsibility(sp). First it was the Nations of the willing. Next it became a NATO thing. Can somebody please tell me why. You wont hear me bad mouthing this war apart from the friendly fire incidents. I am sad that Nations send their troops over there and then they stay out of the action.

·
Registered
10,566 Posts
I don't buy that, there was enough Natioons putting their troops in the first place and the war did pass in the UN. Then all of a sudden it just changed to a NATO thing. Countries who did not belong to NATO were just shuffled to the side and what I want to know is why. They did not have large armies but were willing to send in some troops to help in this battle as they felt that it was a war not just against America but a war against them as well. The command structure was American and in the main they were willing to let their troops be led by them. Everything was going so well and then suddenly it changed with no full info onto why.

Let us just take the debacle of the Brits. Browne, not Gordon Brown, decided to send our next batch of troops to Helmand as peace makers with less arms to protect themselves. He said that the position had changed and so the troops required less arms and they were going to help the farmers with their next harvest. Soon the Taleban attacked again and our troops were forced to beg and borrow enough arms to protect themselves. If your troops did not come to the aid of our troops we could have lost the battle in that area. We still we only have three large helis in Aghanistan because he thinks that is enough to do the job.

The rate of spending on our troops have gone up over 50% in the past year than was first envisaged. It has gone up over 75% in Iraq even though there has been a draw down of troops over there.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
High-Five DanS, That was good!!!

The war is faulty for a variety of reasons.

-Iraq was never a threat to us
-They had no link to 9/11
-They didn't have a nuclear program, or nukes
-The nations that did support us were generally a bunch of third worlds looking for a hand out
(other then the isrealis and brits.)
-Honestly, N. Korea is such a greater threat to us then Iraq ever was. Currently, they could actually hit us with the nukes they already have.

However, Iraq does have a bit of oil...

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
I'm curious SS do you also disbelieve that the man that put the first bombing of the trade tower operation together was an Iraqi Intelligence office. Their intent was to bring the towers down. Of course, the attempt with planes had no connection.
That Saddam would not tolerate any threat to his power in country is a given. However, he sent a lot of $ to Arafat's suicide bomber families and I would be surprised if he did not assist in any endeavor working to hit the U.S. by whomever.

So does Mexico. Let's annex em and make em taxpayers.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I'll admit I do not know whether that bit about the first bombing is true or not.

About arafat, I dont really care. I disagree with our support for isreal.

Annex mexico?!? Lol. You wanna talk about major problems....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts