Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods can move this if they want, but since they are forum sponors, I wanted this on the main forum.

Let the story begin...

Last year chum fishing on the canal, I was forced to launch at and area that ended up requiring me to beach my boat when I pulled out. Needless to say gelcoat and 2 inch rock don't match too well.

Wanting to get it repaired, I contacted Defiance boats (Palmer Marine) directly. Rebecca talked to her production manager, and a date was set for me to drop the boat off for a week so they could fix about a 3-4 foot stretch of the bottom of my boat (I grounded a little too hard). They build these boats locally in Port Orchard, so its kindof nice to be able to drop it directly with them.

I dropped the boat on a Wednesday, went over my handy work to the bottom of the hull, and left. The plan was to pick it up on the following Friday, so I shot them an e-mail the day before just to make sure it was going to be ready. Rebecca (who's true title is still unknown to me) sends me and e-mail to which the only response was for me to re-read just to make sure I understood it.

Her response: "I believe the boat is ready to be picked up. Though the work ended up being about 15 hours of labor ($1275) we will not be charging you for the repairs. Please note that next time you bring the boat in, however, you may be charged for services. Please let me know when you would like to pick the boat up.

Have a great day!"

Sweet mother......Defiance does customer service like you can't believe. I did not ask, hint or suggest the work be done for free. I was fully expecting to pay for the repairs, and they flat out just took care of me. Now that's above and beyond what I would ever expect from a company.

So, for you guys out there looking to buy soon I'll urge you to take a peek at their line. Defiance is a local company with local support, and I can tell you first hand, they know how to take care of their customers.

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
That is great service clap:

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I am not going to buy a new boat soon but just knowing that there is this kind of service in our area is uplifting.

·
Registered
464 Posts
WOW!!!
This shows how a little karma can go a long way Tup: clap:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ibgrizz said:
WOW!!!
This shows how a little karma can go a long way Tup: clap:
Karma is a funny thing....

I had to at least give them something back for all of their help. So, I ended up buying everyone pizza for lunch.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine is the smallest pilot house they made at 20' 7"

The bottom line is that they are rough water boats. Period. They have a even deadrise. It's not veriable. So, they tend to be a little tippy side to side, but in the ocean, it pays off ten fold.

I've been 25 miles out of LaPush in 8ft swells with wind waves, and managed just fine. Last year I made a mistake and headed out of LaPush with a South wind. After that experience (which I'll never do again) I have no doubt that the boat can handle anything that I can throw at it.

As far as puget sound stuff. I handles chop/wind waves very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts