Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, some friends of mine are headed up the the Bering Sea to begin the new crab season on the Northwestern. They'll be up there till late March or early April. Just want to wish them well on their journey, and hope they all come back safe.

The first half (king crab) of the Deadliest Catch is near edit completion and the teasers will be on air soon along with last seasons show. This may be the last season Discovery airs the Deadliest Catch. The fisherman plan to move to another network next season after the contract expires.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Heya Worm,, did u fish up trhere? I decked aboard the Pacific trawler for Deep Sea back in the late 80s...... Also moved a bunch of pots around for Rob on the Pacific Mist as well as did a bunch of yard work for various otehrs.

·
Super Moderator
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fishguidebrian said:
Heya Worm,, did u fish up trhere? I decked aboard the Pacific trawler for Deep Sea back in the late 80s...... Also moved a bunch of pots around for Rob on the Pacific Mist as well as did a bunch of yard work for various otehrs.
I worked for Bering Sea Fisheries for Bill Bodey back in the early 90's as a deckhand on an old US Coast Guard vessel collecting fish out of the Yukon and Black Rivers. It was better than working on the processor since you get a little more sleep. But a 100+ hour work week and no showers wasn't the experience I had in mind. Did it for two years, but it wasn't for me. Being disconnected from the world while still in an american society was a little different. Couldn't even have a beer in this section of AK. It was something I'll never forget though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts