Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so looking forward to this weekend. Thanks for organizing this jj and stillwater.

A few observations, questions and comments.

*According to thread #2 the trip totals to date (3/11, 7am) are as follows:
13 persons (3 of which are 9-10 year olds Tup: )
7 dogs of various experience levels clap:
50 birds requested :D Are we getting birds planted in two groups, morning/afternoon? :?:

*How many are camping? :?: Looks like 3 at least. Weather report is not all that promising for camping, but this ain't no summer beach trip. Still sounds great!
- What time are people planning to arrive? :?: Dylan gets out of school at 1pm, so we'll be there about 4:00-ish.
- Looks like a pile of wood in one of the pictures, can we use that? :?: I can bring some camp wood if needed-should I do so? :?:

*For those that need to hunt over another dog for part of the day. No problem, I see no shortage of other dogs available, including mine. Just remember that you are asking to walk behind a member of somebody's family, with a loaded firearm. I would absolutely love to hunt Zeus longer and carry my camera.

light: Potluck at lunch, each come prepared with something to share at lunchtime. What do you guys think? That way even if some are not camping there will be some time for bs between all.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm going to be leaving Olympia about 6am on Saturday. Usually takes me 2.5 hrs to get to Eburg hunting areas. I'm looking forward to this BIG TIME!! It'll be nice to meet some of you finally and have a chance to hunt with some of you as well. I'm just hoping Sage makes it through the day. She's been battling arthritis this winter but she'll be on some meds to help her out. She's never quit on me yet!! Tup:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I'll be coming Saturday morning. Should we plan on meeting up about 9AM, or some other time? I think almost all of our hunting will be with some of the groups dogs. My springer has never seen a pheasant, so I might only introduce her to a few dead birds, or perhaps a wing clipped hen just to get her in the flushing mode. Hopefully we can work that out with the bird people. We'll see what we can add to a lunch pot luck.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
David said:
My springer has never seen a pheasant, so I might only introduce her to a few dead birds, or perhaps a wing clipped hen just to get her in the flushing mode.
I think a bigger issue with the introduction to hunting would be gunfire. Has she been introduced to that? If so, there is no reason that she could at the very least walk with you on a leash and watch how this works. She would probably figure it out pretty quick anyway. If she is afraid of gunfire, don't rush the hunt with her, you don't want a dog that is afraid to find a bird. Either way, you will most certianly go home with a batch of wings to put in the freezer and use for further training.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
My plan was to arrive in Ellensburg some time Thursday evening do a little fishin Friday morning and then set up camp around 2:00. My guess is he'll let us use the wood there but I'm bringing some just in case.
Darin told me this is are hunt what ever we needed he would do, I think we should do at least 2 plants, we can discuss that Friday evening. Pot luck would be fine roast some brauts hamburger pheasant?

·
2,222 Posts
I will be there Friday evening. My buddy will no longer be able to go, he's had an emergency of some sort come up with a family issue. As I wrote many times in the past where group events are involved something always seems to wrong and more people want to go then actually arrive.

I'm not sure if my little boy is going to tag along or not yet. Mom's been out of town on business for a couple weeks now and they may need to do something together? Or maybe he will want to come with me?

G

·
I would like to come!! my chart says done noon on friday but nothing ever goes as planned. what is the late show up policy JJ?

·
2,222 Posts
I have no policy, we are going to start hunting on Saturday Morning. The Friday arrivals are for those coming from a long way. Or prefer not to travel so early. I have a few hours drive myself so I prefer to do this Friday rather then get up so early on Saturday. I think from what I read so far, most folks are coming on Saturday morning. I should think you would want to be there by 8AM or so on Saturday so you can get signed in and be ready to hunt by 9am....(ish)

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm going to try to see if i can make it over Friday night it would be fun to sit around a campfire and BS. Also, don't want to have to leave at 6am if i don't have to... Potluck sounds good. Are we going to have a BBQ??

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Darin said he'd prefer cash as he got burnt this week from a guy from sedro wooley
The wood pile by the pitt is green, he said we could use it but we be better to bring are own.
My plan was to head over this evening but my female decided to have her pups a week early.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I would say, do the guy a favor and bring cash. Probably the best way to get a couple bonus birds.

wink:

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you check out his flyer in the other post, we are all getting bonus birds already. Tup:

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
He bought 45 birds for us today and if we need more he'll have to use hens. As you head toward Vantage on the old highway his place is about the 12 mile marker on the left.

·
Administrator
13,955 Posts
I wish I could join you all. Have a great time! Tup:

·
2,222 Posts
Just put the camper on the truck, and loaded it with snacks. Bushman and I are going to pull out of here in about an hour or so. See you guys on site. I have an Aircard for my laptop. I may be able to post up photo's from there if I have cell coverage.

See you guys on site!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts