Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Hawk wide receiver D.J. Hackett just signed a 2 year deal with the Carolina Panthers. Looking at some older posts of the Hawks free agents it looks like the NFL salary cap is pretty hard to figure out..A popular opinion here was to keep all of their own free agents like Josh Brown, Trufant, Hackett, Locklear etc. etc. and then sign Alan Faneca, Michael Turner and a few other fellows.. It obviosly doesn't work out that way in real life... Go Hawks

·
Banned
353 Posts
Allthough I hate to see him go his production didnt match the money he was wanting. Good for him for getting a deal that he liked somewhere. Carolina better pray he stays healthy!! That is his main drawback. I would have rather seen him sign in the AFC though wink:

·
Registered
869 Posts
1.75M a year is cheap for a decoy with the added heighth and good hands in the redzone. I don't know a team that wouldn't want to add HIS skills and the bonus of limiting a defenses ability to cover Steve Smith.

I also like the fact that Carolina just sent a message about its player conduct off of the field, see Dwayne Jarret saga. HEHEHE

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just what I thought. 1.75mill a year, and he was asking 4-5 mill a year at the start of free agency - lol! Unfortunately since it was only 1.75 mill then I kinda wish the Hawks would've ponied up, yes he was frequently banged up but that's pretty cheap by NFL standards and he does know our system which is big for a reciever in Holmie's offense. Either they are big on one of thier younger players or they are going to draft a REC early and hope he can help asap I guess, cause as it now stands our REC corps are pretty lean for the opener.

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
thepoth said:
Just what I thought. 1.75mill a year, and he was asking 4-5 mill a year at the start of free agency - lol! Unfortunately since it was only 1.75 mill then I kinda wish the Hawks would've ponied up, yes he was frequently banged up but that's pretty cheap by NFL standards and he does know our system which is big for a reciever in Holmie's offense. Either they are big on one of thier younger players or they are going to draft a REC early and hope he can help asap I guess, cause as it now stands our REC corps are pretty lean for the opener.
Lean and NOT MEAN! Sounds like they are going to sleep on offense. They better get to the signings. Not looking good. Maybe they expect those new backs to play at the wideout too :eek:

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
They can't do much until they get Trufant worked out. Remeber they have to have money to sign draftees as well and there will be more guys cut in June that will be available too. Everyone take a breath and relax, it will be ok. Come October the only guy on this board who's team will not be in the playoff hunt will be Ice's and he will be down donating plasma to raise the money for all those steaks he's gonna owe. :D

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
:D

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Obamanu and Taylor are going to be big time WR's someday. Maybe since its Holmie's last year he will put Wallace in at WR a little more, like he should be. Tup:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Red Neckersom said:
Obamanu and Taylor are going to be big time WR's someday. Maybe since its Holmie's last year he will put Wallace in at WR a little more, like he should be. Tup:
I dont see WR star in any of them. But possibly good RAC producers. I am against Seneca Wallace as WR. Too much risk of injury to your backup. They should sign one of the remaining good WR free agents.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Iceshark said:
Red Neckersom said:
I dont see WR star in any of them. But possibly good RAC producers. I am against Seneca Wallace as WR. Too much risk of injury to your backup. They should sign one of the remaining good WR free agents.
I half agree and half don't... expecially w/ Frye as the 3rd string.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Iceshark said:
Red Neckersom said:
Well, I guess we will see.

I don't think Wallace is very good at QB in the first place, should have been a position player his whole career. His athletic ability reminds me a little of Heinz Ward. They will make a mistake if they think he will be the starting QB someday. He is a backup and thats it. As far as Obamanu and Taylor goes. I'd be willing to bet that Obamanu puts up better numbers then your new receiver Bryant "overacheiver" Johnson does for San Fran, easily. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts