Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GF'ers:

I am interested in having a custom fixed frame top built for my Intruder. While I know that I can buy the fixed frame from Alumaweld, the ones that they make have a simple tray down the port and starboard side of the frame. I would like to have this customized to specifically hold plano tackle boxes. I have not had much luck in discussing this with the Alumaweld factory.

Do any of you know of anyone, or company that will do custom jobs?

Regards,

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
If you explain to me what a "Top Frame" is I can probably recommend someone.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Any welding/fabrication shop that can do aluminum, or stainless if that's what you prefer. It's going to be my guess finding a retired guy, small shop, friend or such looking for some side work would be the cheapest and easiest to work with in a custom job like that. (Me, I'd do it myself.) Perhaps a canvas shop would have some recommendations as you'll have to get new fabric as well. Don't know where you're at but Oldguy has posted some pics of his sons canvas work and it looks really nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OB-1:

What I am referring to is the frame that supports a bimi top on an aluminum hull boat. As far as I know, all manufacturers distribute their boat with a "take down" frame in which you can fold the top down. As an upgrade, most sell a "fixed frame" that is structurally stronger, and is generally intended to not be taken off, although most can be.

Donno:

I appreciate your thoughts on this. You are probably correct that I can find someone that can fabricate one for me, but I would prefer to find someone that is experienced in doing so.

Anyone have any experience in this area?

·
Registered
474 Posts
I believe that three rivers in woodinville can do just about anything you want. Maybe they can modify a stock one from alumaweld.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Here is the place, "US Sheetmetal" In Tacoma,WA These guys can make "ANYTHING" you want. They can do stainless, aluminum, brass, or copper.Most of the guys there own boats and make alot of stuff for themselves. They ain't cheap, but I haven't seen anyone better!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts