Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going fishing on the Skagit tomorrow. Seem to be in between the hatchery run and the wild fish in a year that may not have a ton of either. Should be freezing with a mix of snow and rain. Water is apprently low and clear and probably also damn cold.

No question that this is still better than work but I'm hurtin for reasons to believe we're actually going to get into fish. Anybody have any thoughts to the contrary? Would love to hear them. Could use the pep-talk.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Man...Be Careful! As much as I want to fish. That drive up there is probably gonna really suck.
I would bet there are some fish to be had tho.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I'm with CraigO on that one. wink:
It's probably gonna be a tough drive up there tomorrow...
Drive safely if you go and may be you'll get C & R some early nates. :)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Todd hit it, can't catch a fish from the couch. Tup: If all else fails, use it as scouting recon. Cover tons of water and learn some new holes. Especially with the low water, you'll be able to find all those nice boulders, slots and holes and you can't find under higher water conditions. I've always followed the rule if the waters low fish low. You might try and stay below Rockport and intercept those sauk-bound fish, or even fish the lower sauk. Just my $0.02 Good luck!!

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
For me... it ain't the fact that I may or may not catch anything... it's how much snow is gonna be on BOTH Hwy 530 and Hwy 20 tomorrow morning and how safe I'd feel driving a sled or driftboat up there to fish.

If you DO go... I'd try lower in the river. Say maybe in the Lyman to Sedro area or Birdsview to Hamilton. They'll probably have Hwy 20 in better shape than 530... and the areas I suggested are best reached on Hwy 20.

Good luck and be careful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts