Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My gf and My freind and I want to do some yote hunting here in sw wa.. anyone know of some good farmers or places to go?

·
Registered
903 Posts
Knock on some doors, especially beef farmers. Its just about calving time, and coyotes can be a problem for them. Farmers that wouldn't consider permission any other time of year will allow it for the next couple months. Might remember to not knock till a decent hour of the morning, although the farmer may be up. If you disrupt the rest of the household, farmer's bride may shut you down. Good thing about talking with the farmer, he know what the coyotes are doing on his land. Listen to what he says, could be a slam dunk for you.

Good Luck! And carry your camera, we're still looking for a first picture in the small game category.

·
2,222 Posts
Well it seems I bought this rather high end camera stuff a few weeks ago, and I have been packing it around now trying to capture something interesting. So this weekend, Yesterday actually I was heading into tri cities and stopped along the river to see what I could find. I set up the Foxpro and let her rip for about 5 minutes. At about that time my little boy says "Papa whats that on the hill?" I turned and saw this coyote at full speed bearing down on us. He then came up the valley right to the speaker. I pulled the camera out, whistled one time which locked him up. Then I snapped this picture about 100 yards away I would guess, I was worried if he got closer he would have spooked and I would have only had a picture of the tail as he departed. With my 25/06 he would have been so dead!

·
Registered
15,057 Posts
Nice shot of that songdog JJ. I just drove over to Stanwood and back. The calves were already testing their legs and wobbling around in the Ellensburg area.
I don't shoot em myself but you coastal hunters that wanna find some dogs need to think Crab Creek. A very large public land corridor runs South from Creston nearly to I 90. The pups are coming and the dogs gotta be hungry with all the snow thats been on the ground. The deer need the break from the predators too.

·
Registered
565 Posts
HickvilleFF said:
Nice pics bob, you got a helluva setup there! nice lookin gun, scope, bipods! looks like a sweet combo.
Thanks, that was my old Oly K8 Targetmatch that I just sold, here's a OLY 24" Ultramatch and MEGA w/ 20" fluted & Ported SS Bull barrel, I built last summer to replace it...these things are BAD! :D

March is a great month, plenty of Yotes and Rats! Tup:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts