Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You'd probably figure this to be another cow report with some steelhead or maybe even a springer, but this time we were out to find a different kind of cowlitz river gem. Fishing the last week or so things have started going downhill for the season, but nonetheless we found our way into a bunch of of these lil buggers. We haven't managed anything legal yet, but we got a few pushing the marks...
These micro sturge were about the smallest we ran into, or could possibly run into for that matter- the 2 1/2 foot and under fish have been showing up more and more lately-

Nonetheless, they are still fun to yard in...

A couple fish pushed the limits, but still shy of the size slot

At the market hole, our buddy orange hood guy, was there every day to lend a hand or a car battery when you left your lights on...

All in all theres been quite a few of these lil farts around, but definately a fun way to burn up an afternoon!

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Its about time someone caught a few gators. Nice going. Im glad you got some, even though no eaters. Tup: Well, I mean, no legal size fish anyway. wink:

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
HickvilleFF said:
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
Don't you ever go to class???? :lol: Nice little report. Tup:
Were on spring break :p Next week im thinkin bout takin my pa springer fishin, any ideas? Kalama?...
Didn't ya just have mid winter break right after Christmas break :lol: Cowlitz, Lewis and Kalama all have fish in them. Just not many but hey they are there. Tup:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
MYSTICAL LEGENDS said:
Didn't ya just have mid winter break right after Christmas break :lol: Cowlitz, Lewis and Kalama all have fish in them. Just not many but hey they are there. Tup:
No we dont have all of those, were big mean college kids now. Broke as ever... but still catch fish all the same.... now we just use south bend line and brads hooks. lol. Im thinkin the kalama and some of my mean brewed eggs ought to do the talkin.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Weird how much the smaller ones remind me of the majestic "Puget Sound" Dog fish. If you didn't tell me differently I would have thought that is what I was seeing in that second pic.

Looks like some serious fun!
BTW, where are you guys at in those pics?

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Those are some nice looking Sturgies, good job Tup: clap:

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
I may have to get over the heebejeebes around sturgeon and start fishing those gators.
Nice pics.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Why fly down to Cancun to spend your spring break when you could just stay home and hook into some awesome fish Tup: Looks like you guys had some fun. I'll have to get out and try it sometime and hopefully hook into a monster!!
Omar

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
squidward said:
Weird how much the smaller ones remind me of the majestic "Puget Sound" Dog fish. If you didn't tell me differently I would have thought that is what I was seeing in that second pic.

Looks like some serious fun!
BTW, where are you guys at in those pics?
looks like a six gill shark , dog fish look different than a six gill , Six gill has some white spots ,

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
Why fly down to Cancun to spend your spring break when you could just stay home and hook into some awesome fish
Hmmm... lemme see... warm sunshine, beaches, thousands of college girls in bikini's, 24/7 partying... :cool:

OR

Standin' on a muddy river bank in the rain and cold catchin' baby sturgeon? :|

That IS a tough choice??? :shock:

Just kiddin' ya Omar! :D :D

Think of it this way though... you've got the rest of your life to fish... for fish. wink:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Webo said:
Why fly down to Cancun to spend your spring break when you could just stay home and hook into some awesome fish
Hmmm... lemme see... warm sunshine, beaches, thousands of college girls in bikini's, 24/7 partying... :cool:

OR

Standin' on a muddy river bank in the rain and cold catchin' baby sturgeon? :|

That IS a tough choice??? :shock:

Just kiddin' ya Omar! :D :D

Think of it this way though... you've got the rest of your life to fish... for fish. wink:
Well thats a no brainer there.... you just have to improvise when you open your wallet to see just a bunch of cobwebs!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts