Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I smoked some the other night. They came out way better than I expected.

You really cant beat the price and they are nearly all meat.

I cashed in a $20 gift certificate to double D meats and loaded up the traeger today

Im about half way there,,,i'll get some pics up in a few. The neighborhood dogs are drooling and the crows are hovering.....heck,,so am I

:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
32,972 Posts
Yea I like the country ribs. I also like doing pork steaks in the smoker.
Now I am hungry :lol:
I have been smoking fish all day. Cleaned out the freezer of all salmon before it got to old.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Those look great. I've never had country style ribs before, I will definitely have to try them. They look alot like a chop.

·
Registered
4,033 Posts
Whats the difference between country style ribs, baby back, spare ribs? Are baby backs just spare ribs with the tips removed? I personally like the spare ribs because of the rib tips.

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Country style ribs are actually not ribs at all but are cut from the blade end of the loin, right behind the upper portion of the pork shoulder. They are more like fatty pork chops than ribs. While they have more fat per pound than any of the other styles of ribs, the fat is in layers and the meat between those layers is leaner and less marbled than most other ribs. They are the meatiest of all the ribs. "

above copied from another website

·
Registered
656 Posts
madcapmag said:
Whats the difference between country style ribs, baby back, spare ribs? Are baby backs just spare ribs with the tips removed? I personally like the spare ribs because of the rib tips.
Babybacks and spares are from different areas. Spares with the tips trimmed off are st. louis style, my favorite.

·
Registered
613 Posts
bing said:

I cashed in a $20 gift certificate to double D meats and loaded up the traeger today

Im about half way there,,,i'll get some pics up in a few. The neighborhood dogs are drooling and the crows are hovering.....heck,,so am I

What temp on the Traeger did you cook them at? Smoke, med or hi?

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
epidemic said:
bing said:

What temp on the Traeger did you cook them at? Smoke, med or hi?
I have the digital control,,,,i started them at 180-200 for a couple hours then bumped them up to 225 for a couple hours,,,then back to 180 for about an hour,,,,then a foil pan/oven

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i also used a pressurized weed sprayer for my mop sauce,,,,it worked awesome

beer, cider and white vinegar, worchester sauce, lemon juice, dijon mustard,,,,and some other stuff in the sprayer

gave em a good squirt and turn every 30 minutes or so

also added a small amount of mop sauce to the foil pan before baking to keep em moist

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
bing, You talked me into cranking up the BBQ and your "Country Style Ribs Recipe" was a big hit. Thanks for sharing! " TRAPPER"With a slab of Bacon and a few Ribs on the side.Soak the Hickory Chips and stoke the fire.Now were cooking! wink: My kind of food!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
THE TRAPPER said:
bing, You talked me into cranking up the BBQ and your "Country Style Ribs Recipe" was a big hit. Thanks for sharing! " TRAPPER"With a slab of Bacon and a few Ribs on the side.Soak the Hickory Chips and stoke the fire.Now were cooking! wink: My kind of food!
damn. that looks awesome Tup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts