Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my streak of horrible pics continues....50% tonight :eek:

I picked the Cougs tonight over Az. .... they couged it bad :evil:

The Dawgs on the other hand ran wild over ASU ... NICE work boys!

Gotta love it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Yeah for the DAWGs

·
Registered
790 Posts
I hope this is start of things to come for the Dawgs we were'nt picked to do all that well in the PAC ten, it would be nice to stick it to the pundits. Too bad the game was'nt televised!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I think you mean.... The Cougs dawged it, and the Dogs couged it.

A small blip in the radar for the cougs. Its not where you start, its where you finish!

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elkrun said:

A small blip in the radar for the cougs. Its not where you start, its where you finish!
I dont think it will hurt them too much in the standings. Puppies play Az next so it will be a good test. Just goes to show when its inter conference time it gets tough.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Elkrun said:

Oh come on, just because the Cougs have had a good year doesn't mean you can switch that saying around, look at all the history.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The Vegas line had the Arizona Wildcats as favorites over the cougs last night.. They must not have heard the cougs are the number 6 team in the nation??????

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
dmack said:
The Vegas line had the Arizona Wildcats as favorites over the cougs last night.. They must not have heard the cougs are the number 6 team in the nation??????
I dont get it Dmack. Unless I am missing something and the Cougs actually suck they are getting no respect for being 16-2 conf:

typical east coast bias...

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
The cougs rpi is 18 Arizona # 7 .. I like that better than espn/usa today Their defense doesn't look nearly as good in the Pac 10 as it did against some less talented teams..Going 14-0 to start the year just keeps moving you up in the ranking no matter who you beat... The Dawgs were ranked #14 in the nation last year before the Pac-10 started and we all know the end to that story..

OK, I'll say it... I think the cougs could be just a little overrated and Vegas knew that too.. wink:

·
Registered
17,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dmack said:
OK, I'll say it... I think the cougs could be just a little overrated and Vegas knew that too.. wink:
One thing is for sure ... March will prove or disprove it :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
UCLA will finish first and Oregon State will finish last..The rest is up for grabs I think, nothing would surprise me!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
uwhuskytb said:
Elkrun said:

Oh come on, just because the Cougs have had a good year doesn't mean you can switch that saying around, look at all the history.
ONE GOOD YEAR? When was the last time we lost to the pups in basketball? 3 of the last 4 in football... I'd say we pretty much own them! Grasping for history is a sure sign of having nothing in the present! "Once upon a time", doesn't mean the story ends "happily ever after"! I'd say the pattern of losing games late has most definitely become the trademark of husky mens athletics! Besides, doggin' it fits better gramatically too.

It was just meant to be!! wink:

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
If a good year is defined by beating the Dawgs its easy to see why the cougs are already packin it in..Have they reached their peak??? Nuthin left to play for??? Just waitin for March 8th????

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Beating the dogs is a given.. nope, good years are when you finish in the top 25. We'll be there AGAIN, this year. The pups, well they'll be lucky to finish in the middle of the pac 10. Maybe they should move to the big sky??

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Cougs have won one whole game in the NCAA tournament since 1983..And one top 25 finish in history???? Cougs could easily be 2-4 in the Pac-10, but slipped the trap against Oregon and in Seattle and looked manhandled by the Wildcats and Bruins..There is still plenty of time this year to coug the season like 2004-05 when they started Pac 10 play 4-1 and finished 7-11, or 2005-06 when the cougs start 2-1 and finish 4-14...Oh by the way the Dawgs shook off the effects of losing to the cougs to go to the sweet 16 both years..When was the last time the cougs were in the sweet 16??? Oh yeah, never... The chance to truly coug it doesn't come along very often and this year would be an excellent opportunity to take full advantage of it!! Tup:

·
Registered
617 Posts
That was a tough game to watch.... not only losing, but the FSN crew repeatedly called us Washington. The ultimate insult.
GO COUGS 16-2 !

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Its hard to hear the dog history lesson there seems to be a lot echos coming from below us in the standings. Its really faint and difficult to make out, but sounds vaguely like a poodle yapping. :lol:

Anyone else notice that all uw wannabes seem to be HISTORY majors?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
There you go again ELKRUN, stirring the pot again. Go ahead and enjoy the present, we know its all you have ever had, and will ever have. I know how you like to forget the past, and tell everyone not to remember the past. If I were a Coug fan I would like to have amnesia too. :eek: Really, the blip on the football screen is over. UW is #4 overall in recruiting in the country, #1 in the Pac 10 clap: and WSU is last over all in the Pac 10. BTW, WSU has never been #1 in Pac 10 football recruiting :cry: , UW has been there many times. So its back to WSU loosing the Apple Cup for many years again. I can give WSU its props in BBall, nice run the Cougs have had, no doubt about it; but will it last? conf: Records seem to show you just cant finish and choke if you get to the big dance. UW at least gets to a few sweet 16 runs. Well I just had to stir my own pot. I hope UW and WSU both win and somewhere down the line this year it comes down to UW knocking WSU out to make it in. Go Dawgs. I look forward to your next post ELKRUN :D

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
thecougdad said:
That was a tough game to watch.... not only losing, but the FSN crew repeatedly called us Washington. The ultimate insult.
GO COUGS 16-2 !
Thats just to easy, I wont even comment. wink:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts