Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
It had been a few years since I fished Lake Conner,so I thought I'd revisit this lake...see if I could hang a few Silvers,like we used to do back in the 80's,when I was a kid. I managed to squeeze my small boat down the unmaintained public launch located on the north shore, and began trolling slowly along the shoreline with a small spinner. I noticed some fish spooking in the lily pads as my boat passed, so I chucked a Rapala up in there and hooked a few tiny, hungry Largemouth Bass.I switched up to a Buzzbait, knowing that I could avoid the little guys and maybe entice a big ole Hawg with that bait...sure enough, A mean boy of about 3# slammed that buzzer with malice,followed by another decent sized fish of a couple pounds or so.The best fishin' seemed to be in the east end of the lake, near the breakline between 20 and 6 feet.I switched back to trolling for Silvers, hooked a few smallish rainbows, lackluster little stockers...never did hook one of those chrome bright Kokes that I remember from years ago...This never was a great fishing lake and still isn't, there are more memories than fish now. Hope those little salmon still figure out a way to spawn in there, but I suspect that the Spiny Rays have wiped them out, or close to it. It was a nice fall day, good to just re visit my old fishing hole and remember..

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Came out here and it was me, my grandson, and his best friend (both six years old) we fished from the dock. I used a bobber with eggs, my grandson used powerbait off the bottom, and his friend used a bobber and powerbait. My grandson caught 4 fish all between 8"-12" his friend caught two and one of them was 17", and i caught 2 trout but got bored so i flipped a lead head into the lilly pads and hooked 5 bluegill, and one 3 pound bass. Overall it was a great day.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts