Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the pump house at the Snyder St. boat launch (bank fished). Went around 6:30am, tried nightcrawlers for a bit with no luck. Switched to a small tube with a 1/4 oz jig head and landed 2 Smallies around 13 inches each. Left at 7:30am. Came back at lunchtime, water was extremely clear. No luck with tube baits. Came back around 6:30pm with some 4 inch grubs with a 1/8 oz jig heads. Landed a Smallie around 11-12 inches on a Watermelon colored grub. Continued on until 9:15pm with no further luck. A fellow fisherman landed around 6 Smallies on a small pink and white grub...which is a low number for him. Water level was low which could have contributed to the below average fishing. I'll try tomorrow around 6:15am.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
John Day Pool, Columbia River.
Smallmouth fishing is starting to pick up on the river. I fish Green jigs and did jery well in water 5 to 10 feet. I tied up to a pillar just outside of railroad island and let my kids catch a bunch on nightcrawlers. We did get one hawg about 4 1/2 pounds but most were average 12 to 15 inches. It seems now is the time and it's only going to get better!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts