Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went sturgeon fishing out of Cathlamet. Started at daybreak in the Cathlamet channel. The fish were cooperating just like they should. Sit down-get a bite, go pee-get a bite, make a sandwich-get a bite. Had a bite every 15 minutes and hooked one every 30-45. A mixed bag of sizes. Verying from 18" to 3'.The wind and current started pushing me below another boat so I decided to move. Headed over to Hunter Mill Pt via a stop at the launch to pickup my coveralls. Through out my smelt and after about 45 minutes the beeper was beeping and line was peeling. I could tell by the way he was pulling and line he was taking he was a keeper. He jumped a couple times to show me how big he was and get me juices flowing then after about 10 minutes he was in the boat. 50", good enough for me! Another boat upstream moved down beside me and threw their anchor and bait out. Before I had mine bled out and things put away they hooked a keeper as well. Not as big as mine but a good fish non the less.

I didn't bring much for salmon fishin so I trolled an old herring around for about an hour and a half before calling it a day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Actually fished out of Astoria this weekend. Went out with Reel Excursions Guide Service (OR based), Caught three keepers, 2- 50's and a 48, Also caught two really small sturgeon and one that was 43.5...Wind piked up in the afternoon and there was hardly another boat in site. Caught 5 them on anchovies and one on sand shrimp. Caguht all the keepers on the incoming tide.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fished out of Deep River for Sturgeon on Sat. & Sun. No luck on Sat. but on Sun. I got my first ever Sturgeon just legal at 45" using sand shrimp. Trip would have been great if we hadn't plowed into the worlds largest sandbar. Had to wait 4 hours for the tide to return, but had a great time all things considered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.