Fishing Report - Clear Lake | Page 3 | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report Clear Lake

Discussion in 'Pierce County' started by Erwin S., May 3, 2007.

1. What an awesome day on the lake today fishing with my son, Fished from 8 am to 12 noon. Into small mouth Bass from the start, then lots of Perch. Konkani Trout began to take on trawling wedding rings and night crawlers from about 10:00am. What a really nice lake and great fishing.

2. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Clear Lake is slow. No fish for couple days, very few bites. Tried Ohop and had better luck there.

3. fisher

fisher Guest

caught 4 fish with yellow garlic marshmello yellow power bait anchored didn't troll. caught 6"-1' rain bow trout.

4. StPete

StPete Guest

Got there about 8am. Fish were already holding tight at 60ft. One boat using downriggers pulled a fish or two out in the next 3 hours. Surface water temp was 65*. Sunny and 74 at 10am. Trolled combination of dodgers, jensen troll flashers, wedding ring, mepps with worms or powerpait. Nothing in the boat. Sonar showed a couple follows on the west side but that's about it. My sonar also picked up big hits in 20ft on the west side of the lake- this might be where the tiploids are hanging out.

5. forgetfull

forgetfull Guest

Went to Clear Lake to fish for Kokes, Had yard work to do so I got there about noon, Still Fished Maggots and shrimp eggs 6 in off the bottom and had a limit in no time, Only bad part of the Day was I left My Anchors at the Boat Launch.

6. Hit the clear lake not alot happening early in the day then about noon ish bang,bang,bang x2. All in a day of fishing 6 rainbows all about 12in fun day...

7. wannafish

wannafish Well-Known Member

Today 6-17-2014, was the day I went out without the experts from yesterday.

Kim (pinkpole) came out with me. We met around 6am and I don’t know what time we started fishing or what time we quit but I believe we put in 5 hours at the lake. I used the big motor for a bit before we started fishing and then afterwards.

I don’t really remember how deep we were or how and what was caught since Kim was learning how to operate the downrigger and I was still learning the boat. Meaning I was preoccupied. I spent most of the morning operating the handle on the kicker with my left hand thinking that it just wasn’t as comfortable as yesterday. Then I switched hands and found that this is the right way for me to do it.

Kim had brought an Apex lure which she got a kokanee on. But when my red hooks were getting the fish she switched to red hooks. We did well for a while with the bare hooks but even they stopped interesting the kokes. Then we broke out my usual lures. With these we only got a couple more.

We called it a day with 9 kokanee.

Attached Files:

8. wannafish

Clear Lake, Pierce County 8-17-14

Since I have not been fishing in 10 days I thought I had better go. I had to work so I chose Clear Lake. Close to home. Set my alarm for 4:30 am or so I thought. When I awoke at 5:30am and it hadn’t gone off I saw what I had done, 4:30pm.

I was on the water about 7 and had my first fish by 7:30 followed by one shortly after that. Then there was a lull and a few missed fish.

I had anchored on the north side of the lake, about the middle, in 56 foot of water. Still fishing with a new lure/hook set up I made.

I got the third one in and I invited it to lunch as it was a small kokanee. Perfect for fried panko kokanee sticks.

Number 4 is in the boat when I hear a voice calling out “SNAGGER”. Yep, it is a skill I am trying to perfect. It was Kokanee Kid and the doc coming to call. They got a couple of hits as they trolled past me but no fish in the boat.

I cast out a couple more times and got my fifth one to call it a limit in just a little over an hour of fishing. 9 inches to 13 inch fish. I used corn and an egg on my first fish and then maggots and egg on the rest. I didn’t use much chum either.

8-17-14 lure and catch.jpg Lure.jpg Izorline on my reels and lures.

9. wannafish

After Sunday’s good day of catching I thought I would go on Tuesday with Richard (my brother) and Kim (pinkpole).

We got there at 6:30 am and were fishing by 7am. We were using my new Mini Still-Fishing spinner, which had real maggots and red salmon eggs on the hook. This set up brought in 4 kokanee in about an hour then it slowed way down.

The fish caught have some bad attitudes!

We took a potty break about 9 and moved to a new spot where we had a few bites. More like nibbles. These bites hardly moved the tip.

In still fishing like this you have to keep your eye on the tip and eye connected to the arm in order to jerk in time.

Reels and lures use Izorline Platinum

Attached Files:

10. wannafish

My brother Richard, (pinkpole) Kim, and I started fishing about 6:30am. There was a slight breeze on the lake that dispersed about an hour later. We were using the Wannafish A Lure Mini Still-fishing Spinner. Kim and I had the orange one and Richard had the new pink one I made the night before.

My plan was to still fish first then switch over to trolling after a couple of hours.

I caught 4 kokanee and Richard caught 1. Kim is trying to figure out why she can’t get them to bite. She began thinking that they didn’t like her name, pinkpole. But later that proved wrong. Mt Rainier at Clear Lake.jpg Clear lake catch 8-23-14.jpg

We took a break at 8:30, going in and then came back out trolling.

I used a Dick Nite Copper Hot Orange Tractor Tread UV Dodger attaching a Orange and Gold with corn and a real maggot. Kim chose Dick Nite Pink Splatter with a Wannafish A Lure Pretty in Pink and garlic corn and a real maggot. Richard used a Bloody Mary with Berkeley maggots, corn, and eggs. But he was long lining with a 1/2oz weight.

I missed several and got one in. Kim got 2 in and missed a few (pinkpole rules). We got them at around 25 feet on the cable. Richard had a couple of bites. We were trolling on the north side of the lake. We ended at 10:30 with 8 in the boat.

Reels and lures use Izorline Platinu
    m

11. wannafish

I had both rods in the water, trolling by 7:15am. I was on the north east side of the lake. In 70ish feet of water about 26 feet on the downrigger and I get my fish couple of kokanee by 8am. But it took 2 more hours to get 3, 4, and 5. 4 and 5 were next years fish caught at 30 feet down on the cable on the south side of the lake. I missed a couple but for me it was slow. About 7:30am the green drift boat comes in to still fish and he is done in an hour! But he almost always is. I think he is the kokanee whisperer.

I started off using a Dick Nite Copper Hot Orange Tractor Tread UV Dodger attached to a Orange and Gold with corn, egg, and a real maggot. The other side had a Dick Nite Pink Splatter with a Wannafish A Lure Pink Squiddy and garlic corn and a real maggot. Pink was not in style for me today. Everything was caught on the Orange Tractor dodger and Wannafish A Lures Orange and Gold. I did switch from pink to a Dick Nite Watermelon dodger and Gilded Lily which got hits but nothing in the boat.

Reels and lures use Izorline Platinum

Attached Files:

• Dislike Dislike x 1