Fishing Report - Clear Lake | Page 2 | Gamefishin.com

Fishing Report Clear Lake

Discussion in 'Pierce County' started by Erwin S., May 3, 2007.

1. Foothills420

Foothills420 Guest

We hit the lake late today, got there about 2:00pm, but just like clock work I got a hit a fish within 5 minutes. useing the same as always, done caught our limit, but came home with 9 total between 2 people. alot of C&R. could of came home with all 10 but threew to many back, cause the bite wa so good. Then a big black cloud came and casted it's shadow of darkness apound the lake and the fish were no longer biting, so we left. Towards the end I got tired of using eggs, so I switched Rooster tails, And they still hit. I used darn near every colar I had I had at the least fish following my tails. I LOVE THIS LAKE!

2. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I got on the water about 9:30am and it took about 10 or 15 minutes to get my first trout. I left around 5. I tried all the spinners from the swap. I found the spinners weren’t very productive today. I did catch a kokanee with mine on the downrigger. I have an issue with the clip not releasing. I saw the rod start to bounce a little and the fish was there.

I caught so many fish I truly don’t know how many but I believe it is close to 50. When I was younger and could remember better I fished Silver Lake and I caught 40. I used the same strategy that I used today. Flies.
    I used flies( mostly olive wooly buggers) trolled with just the swivel or a small split shot weight from my ultra light spinning outfit with 4 pound test mono main line and 2 or 4 pound test leader.
    I have the 2 rod endorsement and I must have had 4 or 5 doubles on. Or I would slow the boat down to get one fish in and then the other rod would have a fish. I went through 5 flies. 2 fish still have my flies because I didn’t think to change the leader after so many fish and the leader broke. The other flies were just worn out. It was an amazing day. I released all but 3. I kept the kokanee and the 2 largest rainbows of which one was about 15.25 inches and over a pound.

3. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I am tired so this report is short. I was at the lake from approximately 8am - 3pm. I caught so many trout I can't keep tract, at least 6 times over. I usually lose tract some where after 5.
    It was sunny and warm. Not to much boat traffic. I used mostly flies but did use my down rigger with my spinner and I caught at least 10 using it. Only 1 kokanee today.
    Great day catching!

4. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I rushed home after work to get ready because my 4 year old granddaughter and I were going fishing. She told me early in the day that she was my fisher girl. We got to the lake just after 6pm. gave a wave to FISHINROB and even swung by my next door neighbor who had his families limits (there were three of them). Granddaughter Zoe had a fish on her Dora pole so I am telling her to reel the handle. She does and it is like a whale for her. But it gets off before it gets in the boat. She doesn’t want to fish after that. She decided it was snack time. Later she continues fishing and has another trout on and as it gets to the boat she won’t reel it and covers her eyes... I think it may have been me teasing her about whacking her in the face with it. It was a good time since my oldest son came, too. We all caught fish in the hour and half we were there. We used spinners, flies, and wedding rings with worms. All the fish we caught were planter rainbows that we released after catching.

5. wannafish

wannafish Guest

After having to leave last night my son and I planned on getting up and going fishing before I had to go to work and that is what we did. The fishing wasn’t as good as it has been but it wasn’t bad either. My son caught the first fish which he announced to me. We trolled around the lake one time in 2 ½ hours. Although we did circle around a few small areas before moving on. We tried one area for bass. I caught one small lmb on a fly as I was trolling by. I released it to spawn. I caught one small rock bass on a worm (released). We caught several trout of which I kept 2. We didn’t get any kokes. We used flies, spinners, fake worms, and wedding ring type lures with a real nightcrawler cut in half.

6. Foothills420

Foothills420 Guest

Hit clear again yesturday. We hit our limit of rainbows. There was 2 of us, on the dock as always. Alot of small ones to release. Not as good as normal, but was still fun like normal!-------------------<>{

7. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I was on the water for 5 hours, from 2-7pm with my brother. The water temperature was 58 degrees. The weather was cloudy with showers and, of course, I forgot my raincoat. We changed up many times trying to get the right combo. We trolled flies and spinners. I hooked 2 koke’s one was very small so I released it. The fishing was slower than last weekend. We did catch our limits worth plus some more. I got a small bass and a perch when using worms.

8. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I fished from 12:30 until 6:30pm hooking and releasing around 20 rainbows. No kokes today. I got the best results on the bead headed black woolly bugger. One trout I caught was 15 inches and about a pound and a half. I got it home and clean it. In its body cavity was this green smelly stuff. It was not in the stomach but in the cavity floating around. I cleaned it out and soaked it in water but the fish still smelled like it. I wonder if it had a leak in the intestines.
    Since I brought my rain jacket there was only 2 small showers but the wind came up toward the end of my time on the lake. It made it hard to steer and I used up the battery juice.

9. wannafish1

wannafish1 Guest

Well i hit clear and there was nothing there.
    Fished for 7 hours!
    No bass, perch, catfish, and best of all--kokanee and trout!
    Wouldn't recommend this lake at all.
    I am gonna hit tanwax or kapowsin where things are really happening!

10. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I got a bit of a late start today, around 10:30am and finished about 4:30pm. It was cloudy all day with mirror wind. It took almost an hour to get my first rainbow. I tried for kokanees but I only got 2. One I released as it was only about 6 inches. It was one of those days that you had to try everything in order to catch something. I kept the one koke and one 14 inch rainbow. Total for today were 2 kokes, 3 bass (2 rock, 1 largemouth all small), 2 perch (small) and around 15 rainbows. My flies didn’t catch munch until after 2pm. Then the bead head black woolly bugger was what they liked. The kokes were caught on wedding rings.

11. pinkpole

pinkpole Guest

Was at Clear Lake Pierce County for the first time this year. Between hubby and me we caught and released about 50 rainbows. Had a great day. Started a little wet but dried out. Never did warm up. I had the best luck on a beaded woolly bugger(sp). Not sure of exact names of things. Hubby tried everything, got the largest rainbow and possibly a brown, on one with a propeller.

12. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I started before 9:30am and had a little rainbow on the bead head black woolly bugger within 5 minutes. But that was the quickest it went. I did catch about 10 trout in all. I left about 12 after my boat got some water in it.When the jet ski and power boats started going around and the water started to get up to my shoe I figured I had better go in. I thought that I messed the plug up but when I got home...my boat has some holes in it. :-(

13. wannafish

wannafish Guest

I got up early to try and beat the skiing at the lake. I was on the water by 6am. The lake was calm and air temperature was warm. I didn’t need a coat until a little later when it started to get windy around 8.
    Last night I made 2 new squiddy things inspired by my king adventure yesterday. I caught 2 kokanee today on one of them. I guess they didn’t like my color combo on the other.
    Caught 2 rainbows trolling. When it got to hard to steer in the wind I went and found some calm water by shore and threw worms for 2 perch and 1 small largemouth.
    About 10:30 a speeding boat came out and started going around the lake so I trolled back to the launch. Fish and Wildlife enforcement was there to check out our dashboards for that yellow thing. At least I remembered to put it up this time. Some trucks didn’t. Not a bad time on the water BUT just can not compare to fighting kings, although I did get to bring 1 kokanee home.

14. wannafish

wannafish Guest

Have you ever set your alarm and wake, finding out the alarm was set for the PM and not AM. That is what happened to me. I was going to go to American Lake but I got up late so I went to Clear Lake. It was foggy. Now I am glad I didn't go to American because it was foggy there, too. It was slow. I did come home with 3 keepers. When I wanted some action I went to the edges and threw worms. I got fish almost every cast. Perch, rock bass, and largemouth. They were all small and released.
    The kokanee were scattered around and at the end I got my last one and last bites in 80 foot of water but they were above 25 feet.

15. Levi

Levi Guest

About a month back or so me and my buddy were on his '06 bass tracker and about 20 mins. in we doubled down on 7.5 lb largemouth on the left side of the gray dock across from the boat launch.