Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm thinking of doing the razor clam thing MLK weekend (if it is open of course). I wanted to camp. do you guys thing i would need to reserve a campground or could i just wing it and get a site when i arrive? haven't been clamming since i was little so i'm not sure how busy the beaches get.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
344 Posts
Camping is no problem at Twin Harbor State Park at Westport, no need for reservation unless you need hookups for a RV. Grayland State Park is the preferred campground and takes reservations, and is quite crowded but closer to the best clamming areas.

·
Registered
681 Posts
http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/regscoast.asp

Check out the link for more information.
I did a January dig a few years ago with a large group and had no trouble finding a site for tents. We stayed at Pacific beach and had no trouble getting our limits. We did an April dig also and stayed at Twin Habors with no problems with a motor camper. Limits again. Most of the motor home sites with full hook up will fill up, however if you just need a spot with out hook ups and your overall footprint (unit size) is small you should do ok.
At any point the park will most likely open over flow areas as the park system benefits from revenue the increased clam digs provide. Good luck and good digging.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts