Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke to a Fisherman tonight (taking out his Drift Boat at HWY 18) who said the "Fish Counter" told him they had a bunch of Chinook come in today on the Green. Anyone else hear anything?

I had the Pool to myself after work tonight at the mouth of Soos Creek and ended up fighting a nice 29 Incher from the Cliff all the way up to the Creek. This Rosie Cheeked Buck hit your Setup ( Small Silver Corkie, Lt. Pink Yarn, 4 Feet of # 10 LB Leader) that you left hanging from the Bushes in Issac Evans Park in Auburn. I was glad to have picked it up while Fishing during my morning Break (as they weren't interested in anything I had in my Tackle Box.) I also spoke to David "The Fish Counter" who mentioned he had already counted 3 Steelhead this morning upriver from Auburn and that Flaming Geyser has been slow. Seems the Fish are thick in the middle section right now.

Great to be the only one out on such a nice Evening, gave him plenty of room to make his run and Dance and Shake on the water giving me his best "Flying Fish" imitation.
One more day left to get a chance at these Strong Fighters and it's nice to have a little daylight again to get out and Fish after work. "TRAPPER"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Great post and beautiful fish. hopefully will have the same luck in the morning. Tup:

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
I love the colors on that fish, great post, I too have caught fish using a setup I found at the river Tup: Tup:

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I have heard that the Green has a very small run of Springers. Never seen one my self.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have seen some springers myself... well at least dead ones. Several years ago, and multiple different years... when fishing the june 1st opener i found a few dead springer carcasses in the gorge area. Haven't really been out there that time of year in recent years so i couldnt tell ya if there is still a run.

·
Registered
266 Posts
There is a few springers still traveling up the Green but most if not all of the are White river fish that lost there way home!! Tup:

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
Nice catch. I doubt there are any Springers in there. There are some fish that we have caught in early July ( July 4th was the kickoff for us to start) fishing in the Kent area for Summer Steelhead and at one time several years ago we would actualy target these kings. They were nice and bright but for sure were not Springers. We also would catch them in the gorge fishing for Steelhead in the late July and August again not Springers. Would be nice to see some in there but doubt we ever will...but that's what I thought about Pinks in the green.

·
Registered
608 Posts
goose575713 said:
I have seen some springers myself... well at least dead ones. Several years ago, and multiple different years... when fishing the june 1st opener i found a few dead springer carcasses in the gorge area. Haven't really been out there that time of year in recent years so i couldnt tell ya if there is still a run.
They must have been something else because springers would still be alive on June 1st. That's what makes them so tasty.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
isaac said:
goose575713 said:
They must have been something else because springers would still be alive on June 1st. That's what makes them so tasty.
maybe winter kings. if it was even a king.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Be nice to see a run of Kings take hold on the Green in the Winter/Spring Months. Tup:
"TRAPPER"

·
Registered
143 Posts
I hooked what I assumed was a springer by Icy Creek years ago. Its been a while by think it was in late June or early July. I saw a couple of sockeye in the same whole one year, so who knows. Didn't the white/stuck used to drain into the Green? It has a run, as does the sky so I wouldn't be surprised at all to hear of some in the green, even if they are just strays. I was always under the impression that it did get a small run. If not, they should consider stocking some, since they wouldn't be interfering with native stock. There may be reasons not to, but man it would be great if was possible.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts