Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
My prettier half wants to join some friends in chelan this weekend for superbowl, her and the people were stayin with would all like to fish... i don't want to take the boat anywhere but the mackinaw fishing looks fun!! so does Rufus!! im leaning toward rufus just cause it will be easier on me what do you guys think?

·
Registered
606 Posts
I wouldn't want to pull a boat over the pass in this stuff, Rufus should be putting out some nice fish from the bank this time of year. If you are looking for easy, hire Darrell & Dad or one of the other guide services in Chelan. It doesn't get much easier than that.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
No boat is needed for Rufus if you can get over to the net pens. And I read that the bite is on for the Rufus pigs.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
fishin at Rufus is not bad. We went this last weekend and caught alot of fish, but they werent big..... average 10-12 inches. From what i hear they had another breakage in the pens and some small ones escaped. So although the action was constant, it was stuffed with small fish, and the occasional 3-4 lb fish. i saw one that came out on a digital at 10 lbs 11 oz. That fish was caught on bait, but i was killin em with jigs. just bring your steelhead jigs and have at it, the jig fishermen were doin much better then the bait guys.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Hickville,

If you want bigger fish, try to find a way to the upper pens. Have a boat drop you, or drive and walk in. They have stopped feeding the fish in the upper pens for some reason. We were ther 3 days and never saw them feed them. Although the fish we caught were not huge, the were not in the 12 to 15 inch range. 3 to 7 pounds. and plenty of them. ELK

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Rufus sounds like the place! I would love to have some good consistant fishing! the girls want to come also so that sounds like a good plan.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There are tons of fish in the 3-7 pound range being caught at Rufus right now, good luck to you all but you shouldnt need luck wink:

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
If it makes any difference to you, last weekend it was 10 degrees at Chelan and maybe colder at Rufus. There are some places on the bank above Chief Joseph dam where you can have fires in fire pits while you fish. Darrell and Dads fishes out of a 24 or 26 foot Bayliner and he can keep the cabin warm so you can get out of the cold when you want to, and he always catches lots of fish. The other thing that is cool about Anton Jones ( aka Darrell and Dad's ) is that he teaches you what he is doing so you can go back yourself and apply what he teaches and catch your own. Either way you should get some fish. Have a great weekend.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Just fish some power bait off your dock. I bet the trout will be in shallow during the day looking for food. I heard they are ice fishing and catching up in the hill lakes too. Roses and Wapato. My brother in law is a Wenatchee resident and fishes quite a bit.

Or just Mack hunt off Mack bar, or the shallower bowl between Mack Bar and the Shoreside hotel.
There are always fish suspended in front of the Memorial as well.

Darrell and Dad's has been reporting on their got o setup lately, as well. We always tipped the lure with strips of brined Northern Pike minnow. I do not know if they are available in the winter, if they are try white bread dough balls on a drop shot.

I forgot to mention, a lot of locals don't read the regs, so either of those lakes could be closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts