Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning to all....!

We want to send out a reminder that this next Tuesday (Feb 19th) is our Sea-Tac Chapter Meeting!

Come and here what is going on with the Banquet (see how you can help)... Here about the membership drive at the Sportsman's shows... and more... We Are All In This Together!

SeaTac Chapter Meeting

When - Tue, Feb 19, 7pm – 10pm
Where - Des Moines Masonic Hall
2208 S 223 St, Des Moines, WA 98198

·
Registered
330 Posts
How long has the sea-tac chapter been up and running?

I am not complaining, but dang man...3 hours long? What all is on the agenda?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Cornfed said:
How long has the sea-tac chapter been up and running?

I am not complaining, but dang man...3 hours long? What all is on the agenda?
The SeaTac chapter of CCA has been around for 4 or 5 months; last count there are around 350 members and around 5,000 in the 14 chapters in the northwest region… not bad for something that didn’t exist until a year ago. I joined largely because of the passion of Gary Loomis but I haven’t been very active until just recently.

I went to the SeaTac meeting and I was glad I did (and yes it was over before 9:00). When I left that meeting I was more encouraged and excited about CCA than ever before. The membership is growing by leaps and bounds (I personally signed up 6 members in the past two days) and the corporate and community support for the upcoming banquet is reflective of the quality of the organization.

I encourage you to attend at least one meeting. You do not have to be a member to attend, but you will likely be one by the time you leave.

I tell my friends this… “If you want to improve your catch rate, join PSA… if you want to have something left to catch, join and support CCA�.ople not deny it helps low income families? Sure, service sucks. But the prices don't. Can people not deny it gives more people buying power? More buying power = better life. Again, people want to better their situation (make profit). Being able to save money allows them to do just that. This money may be stored for a bit, but ultimately, it is used to better their life. Whether it means buying a house or going on a trip to Disneyland, they have still gained something that they would not been able to had they not saved money. Another controversy is how it treats it workers. Again, if there's a demand, there's a market. These employees are not forced to work there. It is not as though they do not have other options. It is the best option for them at that time. If a person truely believes that their skills are not being utilized, I believe it is their perogative to look for a better job. There are only rare cases where someone suddenly strikes it rich. 99% of the times, it takes dedication, patience, and work, no matter how hard or humble.

Big box stores help the majority of individuals. Some small stores do get pushed out. This is competition. Without competition, markets become stagnant. New ideas do not come forth. Ne

·
Registered
330 Posts
Couldn't agree more. If you want to be able to catch fish the rest of your life...join CCA.

I had conflicting meetings this last week so I hope to make the next one. It is good to hear that the membership is growing exponentionally (figuratively).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts