Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
sayler said:
i dont think so ? everybody is usin those vhs radios now? lol
Ever since the license requirement for VHF was dropped many people treat VHF like a CB. It would be nice to witness some discipline.

Some people were still useing CB's in the Tacoma area as of a couple years ago, thats when mine died. I am sorry that I do not remember which channel it was. I suggest you scan.

·
Registered
168 Posts
My boat has a CB radio in it, but I was thinking of taking it out as it just gets in the way and so does the antenna. Is it worth having a CB anymore? Would anybody be listing in an emergency? My radio is kind of old and I wonder how reliable it is. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have both CB and VHF on my big boat. Good way to talk with friends on the water and keeping the VHF free for emergency.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just bought a boat that has 3 antennas on it, one is not currently being used and was by the former owner hooked up to a CB...i'll be throwing my old uniden on the boat for those just in case times and to chat with some of yas this season....good post! wink:

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I was just going through a box today in the garage and noticed my 2 Cobras sitting there. I bought them about 15 years when the wife and I did all the traveling with my old job, we always had to take seperate cars. What a great way to chat with each other while cruising down the road in Wyoming. I either should get rid of them or hook one up at my house and my buddy across the street.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I still use a CB, I also have a VHF and a Phone, Depth finder & Alarm :eek: . You just never know what can happen out there and at least you know you will allways be prepared with electronics. Tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts