Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
We joined the crowd in the lake around 4:45pm and trolled north along the lilly pads. Picked up a couple small perch, which is what we saw for the rest of the day. A few sunfish and a black crappie were in the mix. We were mostly still fishing with a worm and bobber. The lake is posted with a 10 horse limit for motors, so the guy with the 90 horse outboard was either on the wrong lake, or ... well, draw your own conclusions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
My brother and I hit the lake about 5:00 PM. The launch was full of people that were leaving, for dinner I guess. We didn’t talk to any of them so I don’t know how they did.

We had caught a couple of nice trout here last month so we headed over to that spot but there was no action at there so we started to work our way south along the west shore and got into a school of small perch. They were too small to eat so back in they went as we kept looking for the larger perch. We must have released about 30 fish before we found one big enough to keep. We also came up with around 8 or 10 pumpkinseed

We ended up keeping 2 or 3 eating size perch and as a bonus we caught a nice big crappie on a roostertail I was trolling as we headed back to the launch at dusk. We will be back for the trout this fall when the water cools and maybe ever break out the fly rods next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
6:30 to 9:00pm working the pads and docks. 4 bass, 3 dinks and one around 2 pounds. All released unharmed, all taken under or near docks working 5" senkos of various colors on the East side. Couple of good topwater strikes on Heddon torpedo w/propeller but no hookups. Beautiful, calm and fun evening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts