13,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WDFW FISHING RULE CHANGE
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
600 Capitol Way North, Olympia, WA 98501-1091
http://wdfw.wa.gov

January 30, 2008

Cascade River reopens to fishing

Action: The section of the Cascade River previously closed will reopen to fishing for all game fish.

Effective dates: Feb. 1, 2008.

Species affected: All gamefish.

Location: The Cascade River from the Rockport-Cascade Road downstream to mouth.

Reasons for action: Hatchery winter steelhead broodstock collection will be completed on Feb. 1. Hatchery steelhead not retained at the hatchery by this date are available for harvest.

Other information: Please see the Sport Fishing Rules 2007/2008 pamphlet edition, FISHING IN WASHINGTON, for a complete listing of fishing seasons and regulations.

Information Contact: Brett Barkdull, 360-466-4345 x 270, [email protected] .

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That's good they re-opened it. Don't know how the good the fishing will be though with it running @ 280cfms. Surprised any fish even made it up there with it that low.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
it has not been a good year for the cascade. Doesnt look like they will get any snow melt for awhile with the weather pattern.However, when we get some snow melt watch out it could be BAD with the amount of snow the mountains have recieved

·
Registered
867 Posts
Looks like their broodstock goals are about half of what they were last year. If they are planning on cutting smolt releases in half on the skagit system then thats really going to make the hatchery steelhead season up there much slower. The skagit/cascade is my main steelhead river so I hope not. :cry:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
spareoar said:
I heard there might be some trespassing tickets written come springer season up there.
Whats that all about? Not sure what your talking about.

That place will be a zoo come friday afternoon and saturday. To bad there wont be much fish left come sunday. Thats if the water isnt to low in the first place.. Thanks for the info Hook!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I heard the guy that posts his property as private will only be letting people on or through his property on a permission basis only. The gammie will supposedly be writing tickets for everyone without a permission slip.

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Oh i know what your talking about now, the guy next to the hatchery. Thanks for the info. FOr a minute there I thought for some reason you were talking about the other side of the river @ the pull out. Thats why I was confused. Thanks

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Smellsfishy said:
Please clarify where the closed property is so that those NOT in the know will not receive a ticket......Fishy...
cant clarify wether or not its closed,, but the topic area is on the south side of the river, if you park at the hatchery and walk sown the fence line,that is the area we are talking about. Cant say I blame that guy. I dont use that spot anyways so Im not sure on the law(s) associated with it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's not the hatchery guys by the parking lot. If you walk down below the hatchery hole on the same side of the river to the log jam area. That is the area of concern from what I gathered.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I have talked to the guy, his name is scott, and the big reason is trash left behind. Idiots that leave line, egg/shrimp cartons, and the other typical trash you see at the river side is what he is most mad about. To a lesser extent rude behavior is also to blame. He has said he is open to ideas to correct this but if you fish this area please tell others to pick up all their trash along the river and pick up trash left by other morons. It may help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts