Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after finally turning in at 3:30 the night before, woke up @ 5 to go hit the cascade. Got there at dark to find 7 cars already at the hatchery. Nestled in amongst some people who hadn't seen a bite and my buddy hits 2 nice 8ish lb. steelies by 9am on float/jigs. I then switched over to a RVRFSHR 2/5th silver and couple casts later I had my limit. 2 limits of chromer 7-9lb. bucks by around 10am. Heard of one large hatchery of around 15-17lbs. taken the day before. Water is low but normal for this time of year, absolutely gin clear and freezing cold. Lures or choice were tiny light pink jigs tipped with a tiny bit of shrimp and a silver spoon. With how cold the river was, the flash of the spoon really turned'em on.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
sounds like a few of those around you & your partner may have learned something...if they paid any attention.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
That is a great report Tup: clap:

·
Registered
11,564 Posts
Great going Sean! I am free this week. Totally free Tuesday and Friday. Need to fish!

·
Registered
6,506 Posts
Sounds like some good fishing ICE Tup: (thumbs up are back :D )

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
mitch184 said:
Well, after finally turning in at 3:30 the night before, woke up @ 5 to go hit the cascade. Got there at dark to find 7 cars already at the hatchery. Nestled in amongst some people who hadn't seen a bite and my buddy hits 2 nice 8ish lb. steelies by 9am on float/jigs. I then switched over to a RVRFSHR 2/5th silver and couple casts later I had my limit. 2 limits of chromer 7-9lb. bucks by around 10am. Heard of one large hatchery of around 15-17lbs. taken the day before. Water is low but normal for this time of year, absolutely gin clear and freezing cold. Lures or choice were tiny light pink jigs tipped with a tiny bit of shrimp and a silver spoon. With how cold the river was, the flash of the spoon really turned'em on.
It was true. I was standing right next to the guy, he bonked a 16.6 pounder and thirty minutes later popped a 13 pound hen. He was on fire!. (eggs) I didnt fare so well :( ... Nice report, im going to try and make it back up there before the weekend crowd.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Went up there monday and there was quite a few guys there and very slow. I did get two fish but only kept one because the big one was getting dark. It cleared out pretty quick but only about 10 fish were caught the whole day which is pretty slow if you ask me. The river was just too low in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I hit it again this morning. I got my limit no matter how hard the weather tried to exterminate me. When the big slushy snow wasn't soaking me, it would clear up and the wind would kick in a little. It is definitely slowing down and seems like the fish aren't moving nearly as much with the really low water. Jigs were the ticket. Hopefully the river comes up a little bit, as it is not only really low, but gin clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts