Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Easy there Kingcracker. This is what happens when you can't draft and develop your own pitching, you end up having to give a mediocre pitcher 11 million per year. It is a shame that the game has come to this: A guy who really hasn't done much can command that kind of cash. Mark Prior of the Cubs who has been hurt most of his career and isn't scheduled to pitch in the majors until around July has multiple offers from many teams. So when a team says they aren't making any money it is hard to believe.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
DBAppraiser said:
Easy there Kingcracker. This is what happens when you can't draft and develop your own pitching, you end up having to give a mediocre pitcher 11 million per year. It is a shame that the game has come to this: A guy who really hasn't done much can command that kind of cash. Mark Prior of the Cubs who has been hurt most of his career and isn't scheduled to pitch in the majors until around July has multiple offers from many teams. So when a team says they aren't making any money it is hard to believe.
I agree DB.

I think he will fair well in Safeco, but honestly I thought they had some in house better options for starters at a better price. Oh well, at least they are trying.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
At least they didn't have to give up any prospect like Jones, Clement or Morrow to get him,,, They are saving about 15 million from dumping Guillen and Weaver.. gotta spend it somehow.. When the Japanese pitcher signed with the Dodgers, Silva was about the last man standing in the free agent pool.. Let Morrow start every fifth day in Tacoma and he might be ready for the M's in 09.. 11 million for 200 innings and an ERA under 5.00 wouldn't be a bad deal if thats what Silva gives us I hope it works out!!!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With an 11-7 record and an era of around 3.50 if i did my math right (probably not) against the west teams (Angels, Athletics, and Rangers) Thats something that we need. He's 5-1 against the Angels career wise, and he's an inning eater. Something this team desperatly needs! With a great pitching coach now things can only go up for him and our starting rotation.

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
What concerns me is that I heard on the radio today that the next highest offer Silva has had is 3 years 18 mill. and we are offering 4 years at $44 mill. My other complaint is that Silva is a number 3 or 4 starter and we already have a rotation full of 3 or 4 starters.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i think its a good pick up for the M's. Silva wasn't exactly pitching in a pitcher friendly park out in the twin cities. Good point about doing so well against the AL West KC.

Its not a strong Starting pitcher free agent pool so the mariners picked up possibly the best available

i still think bill bavasi needs to trade for Bedard....oooooh what a pick up that would be!!!!

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is his last chance I garuntee it. Its the final year in McLarens contract also.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To drunk :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts