Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i decided to head out the other day and chase some nates up on the Sauk with our short catch and release season. I was in for more than I was planning. i went to my usual spot to start off the day. All was going well and even managed a dolly about 3 or 4 pounds. I worked all the water and decided to head out to another spot. Just to mention to get to this spot it is pretty far from anything, no cell reception, and a far hike to get anywhere. So i proceded to reverse out like i always do and then all of a sudden my truck just sunk to the left! I got out to look at how bad it was and man i was not going anywhere with my 2 wheel drive toyota with my possi in the rear. I thought to myself " Im F-----!". I have never seen anyone out this way before out of all the times i have fished there. But i suddenly heard a quad in the distance. I started walking towards it and got to them. The two guys helped me out and i was out within an hour and a half to continue fishing Tup: But the reason I write this is because i just want to remind people that when you go out to do some fishing and your alone make sure you think twice about what you are going to do because situations like this. I was extreamly lucky that those guys were there and willing to help me out. The situation could have been alot different if they werent. Did manage a steelie after all this thought wink: Red is going to upload some pics for me.
Omar

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Here are the photos Big O. :eek:

You didn't get muddy did ya? :lol:

Been there, done that. :D

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha ha funny clay. I didnt even think and i opened my door...... bad idead water just started pouring in ha ha sick:

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Big O said:
Ha ha funny clay. I didnt even think and i opened my door...... bad idead water just started pouring in ha ha sick:
Oh man, that sucks. Way to go on the brain fart. :lol:

Glad the quads were around for ya.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Always did like my 4" lift in my eighty chevy and the 383 stroker with the Warn Winch on the Front now. I have a 2007 Nissan Frontier 4x4 that would most likely be right where that Toyota is stuck in the muck... but not that Chevy. Tup:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Because i 4x4 sometimes with friends i have been in the same boat.Rule is if you see water pooling in the road you assume there is a rut underneath.Avoid it.Looks like there was room to do that...

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
We made a rule many years ago that we NEVER EVER EVER river fish alone!! Too unpreditable. Especially in secluded areas like the one you were in. If nothing else it gives you someone to blame all your mistakes on... Works for me anyways! wink:

Glad to hear things worked out for you!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Glad everything worked out for you. I don't think I would venture into a remote area without my trusty 4 WD.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Get a high jack lift and a good winch, and know how to use them if you are going to fish alone.

If you get the jack, drag some long boards along with you - to save a lot of search time for something similar.

If you didn't see someone drive through the ditch, go around it, or walk it first.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sparky said:
Get a high jack lift and a good winch, and know how to use them if you are going to fish alone.

If you get the jack, drag some long boards along with you - to save a lot of search time for something similar.

If you didn't see someone drive through the ditch, go around it, or walk it first.
Ya the funny thing is that i went thru it with no problem and I always check puddles to see how deep they are. Must have been really loose stuff under that water. From the Pic its hard to tell but you couldnt really get around it on the right side conf: Well i know I'll be parking where I feel more comfortable next time and hiking in alot farther Tup:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
You don't typically need to skirt around the whole ditch. Just put a wheel in the center between the ruts, and have enough speed and momentum to glide to the other end of the hole in case it is deep.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is a trip back in january out in monroe/duval area. I had friends with me and it got dark fast. Glad i wasn't alone!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Man Big-O! I just bought a Prerunner and have been wondering just how far I can go with 2x4. I'm glad to hear everything worked out OK.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
BGR1, keep er on the pavement, or dry dirt roads .... or go like hell through the skinny stuff.

Don't try the south bank Snouqualmie MF road without 4X4.

·
Banned
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BGR1 said:
Man Big-O! I just bought a Prerunner and have been wondering just how far I can go with 2x4. I'm glad to hear everything worked out OK.
They are pretty nice for the most part. That was the first time i have gotten myself into anything with it since it was bought in 2000. The rear locker in them really helps out. If it wasnt for the lockers i would keep them on pavement.
Omar

1 - 16 of 16 Posts