Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a pressure canner and I wanted to can some of my tuna from this past summer. The tuna has been filleted and vacuum sealed since I caught it this past summer. Anyone have any tips or advice? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
i canned a bunch up from this past summer myself. I did mine the day after I caught mine.

110 minutes at 11lbs. I fill the jars to within about 1/2 - 1 inch of the lid.

My pressure cooker reciepe book said to bake the tuna first, but i just stuck the meat in there raw, and it came out awesome. Its the best canned tuna you will ever have.

I ate a bunch of loins fresh, cooked em on the bbq, and a little Mesquette Marinade... MMMM.

6 months and counting and I'll be out there getting some more!!!

Tom... did you read that... only 6 months to go :D .....

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
if you can ---smoke it for 1 1/2 hour first -cut the loines about 3/4 inch or a little larger.
what oly said is the way i do it

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes 11# for 110 minutes, just stuff the jars and top off with water like canning anything I usually run a knife around the inside edges to make sure all the air bubbles get out before putting lids on I also like to add a teaspoon of salt to a pint jar or 1/2 teaspoon for half pints which is what I like to actually use for tuna canning personnelly makes about 3 sandwich's!!!PEACE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts