Game Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with Cabela's and was informed that now they will be adding WA State Sales Tax to all Catalog Orders. sick: This is due to the store they opened up in Lacy. I've been in the store in Lacy and was not impressed with the selection of items compared to the catalog. Tdown: So because of that one store the whole state gets to pay sales tax on all catalog orders.:eek:
What a %@&*$!& Deal for the Sportsperson!

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
no breaking news here.... we were all aware that catalog orders were going to be taxed, when news of Cabelas opening in WA state first broke.

·
Registered
284 Posts
We all didn't know this. Some heard that since the warehouse wasn't in WA we would be exempt.

I looked at my latest Magazine and it does list WA as a tax state. Shipping used to be somewhat offset by no tax, but not anymore.

BUMMER.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think some people get confused on this.

He is just saying-now when you make an order online or a catalog order we will be taxed on those because Washington now has a Cabela's.

Not, when you go to Cabela's you have to pay tax.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I'm so disgusted with taxes in this state, I think we're about at the point where every taxing authority needs a good dose of salts, followed by a little yogurt, just to get it working properly again.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
If the store doesn't have the merchandise, you can have them order it into the store for you and they'll notify you when it comes in. Works well if you know you'll be in the area in about 2 weeks if you live far away, if you live closer it rocks. It's also nice because you can try stuff on, see if it fits, see how large it is in person before deciding to buy. I've got a jacket on the way.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
fishforfun said:
If the store doesn't have the merchandise, you can have them order it into the store for you and they'll notify you when it comes in. Works well if you know you'll be in the area in about 2 weeks if you live far away, if you live closer it rocks. It's also nice because you can try stuff on, see if it fits, see how large it is in person before deciding to buy. I've got a jacket on the way.
If they order it into the store, there is no shipping charge, correct?

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Antlershed said:
fishforfun said:
Thats the way I understand it.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Well, it's rare that I have anything bad to say about Cabela's, but there are a couple things that have bugged me lately. I'm not too impressed with the store. No real deals or good prices. Selection isn't that great, and the Bargain Cave that I looked forward to has used merchandise for nearly new prices. I was looking forward to being able to try clothes on in the store since I've had a few things that I mail ordered show up and not fit me. Guess what? Even though my sizes (3XL-4XL) are in the catalog, the retail store doesn't carry much in the extended sizes.

I recently ordered a pair of shoes from the catalog. They were sent to me with no tax, but didn't look anything like the picture in the catalog, and even though they were in my size, they didn't come close to fitting. So I figure, no problem, I'll just take them back to the store for a refund. That's what I did, and they refunded me the price of the merchandise, but not the over $10 for the shipping. So now I'm barefoot and out $10 shipping plus probably $20 for gas, with nothing to show but my toes.

We were in Cabela's last Thursday night and it was DEAD. I really wonder if they will be able to make it here in Washington now that the holidays and grand opening hoopula is over..

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
thats why i go to the small shops pay alittle more but what heck keeps the little guy going.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hunter P said:
Antlershed said:
fishforfun said:
Thats the way I understand it.
I would think there would be tax. I'm sure volynsky knows.

·
Registered
360 Posts
It isn't Cabela's fault that you are getting taxed on you catalogue orders... all politics aside… you have the Governor and your state elected officials for this…!!! If you don’t like it then get involved… write and call your official and COMPLAIN… it is you responsibility as a citizen…

Our state is going to continue to raise taxes… more everyday… so write and call…!

·
Registered
606 Posts
wabowhunter said:
It isn't Cabela's fault that you are getting taxed on you catalogue orders... all politics aside… you have the Governor and your state elected officials for this…!!! If you don’t like it then get involved… write and call your official and COMPLAIN… it is you responsibility as a citizen…

Our state is going to continue to raise taxes… more everyday… so write and call…!
I don't care what party you support, the system is broken. Too many people in this state aren't paying attention, I guess you'd rather pay taxes. The system needs an overhaul. We can start by getting rid of the constitutional amendment concerning property valuation. That is the root of our regressive property tax.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Hey Musician... You and me are on the same team here... I think that we are being taxed without representation... I can talk to the majority of people I know and all agree that we are taxed to much... (but most will not speak up or get informed)... and when you talk to any politician they say they don't want higher taxes and then will vote them in... on who's request? Representing Who?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
shop online at basspro, jann's netcraft, or any other online retailer that does not have a store in WA. Even Ebay. Problem solved (other than shipping charges)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Wabow... I wasn't quoting you to disagree, I got your back. Someone at work told me once "Don't just complain, suggest a solution at the same time. That way you will be taken seriously, not just branded as a troublemaker." My suggestion isn't a solution, but it's a darn good place to start.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts