Cabela's Pellet Grill Problems | Gamefishin.com

Cabela's Pellet Grill Problems

Discussion in 'The Outdoor Chef! Great outdoor cooking' started by curb2day, Dec 8, 2015.

1. curb2day

curb2day Active Member

Has anybody bought the Cabela's pellet grill? Either size? I bought my first one in September and the thermostat was anything but accurate. The variances between the digital display, the "actual temperature" as determined by my independent probe and the chosen setting on the dial were very significant. I returned this unit in exchange for the exact same thing and now the replacement is doing the same thing!

I've talked to two guys with Traegers and they don't experience anything like this. Traeger is at least 30% more in price.

2. Codfather

Codfather Active Member

you get what you pay for. I have never seen a thermostat on a B-B-Q be accurate

3. curb2day

curb2day Active Member

That is actually a relevant comment because I have heard from another Traeger owner that his thermostat isn't exactly "dead on" and therefore uses independent probe for back up. It just seems that a high price would dictate accuracy because other than the electronics, it's just a metal drum with a grill in it.

4. Codfather

Codfather Active Member

I would buy a cheaper smoker and a probe....you will be money ahead and still put out good product. Traegar are way over priced.

5. curb2day

curb2day Active Member

Hmmm...... Interesting. I'll probably mess around with my current Cabela's branded grill. See if I can establish a pattern in it's behavior that's dependable. I have a year to do so.....under warranty. And at the same time try to abandon my frustration with a purchase that doesn't "do what it's supposed to do." I hate that. Traeger is high priced and I've heard the only time the pricing MAY fluctuate downward is at a "road show" at Costco, once per year?

Search tags for this page
cabelas cb36etc1 grill warranty
cabelas pellet grill error code
cabelas pellet grill temperature probe
cabelas pellet grill will not keep accurate temperature
cabelas pgc36 pellet grill troubleshooting
cabelas warranty on pellet grill
cabella grill error
how to clean temp sensor on pellet grill

my cabelas pro series pellet grill auger not working

trouble shooting cabelas pellet grill