Game Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a waste... Go drop balls somewhere else.

Niners waive WR Jackson after one seasonAssociated Press
Updated: March 15, 2008, 1:23 PM EST 6 comments add this RSS blog email print SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) - The San Francisco 49ers waived receiver Darrell Jackson on Saturday after one unproductive season with the club.

Jackson joined the 49ers in a trade last April after eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks. He made at least one catch in each of his 15 starts for San Francisco, but finished the season with just 46 catches for 497 yards and three touchdowns in the NFL's least productive offense.
"I always had a great deal of respect for Darrell," 49ers coach Mike Nolan said. "While we are going in a different direction, I know he can still produce and be an asset to an NFL team this year."

The 49ers signed longtime Rams receiver Isaac Bruce to a two-year, $6 million deal last month. Jackson would have made $4 million next season in salary and bonuses.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
353 Posts
Good for Darrell! How was he supposed to shine in that stinker of an offense? He still has a couple of good seasons left in him and somebody will pick him up. Ice dont cry when Bruce doesnt perform the way that you think he will. Its going to to take alot more than a 190 year old past his primetime player to dig the Niners out of the cellar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JoJoDancer said:
Good for Darrell! How was he supposed to shine in that stinker of an offense? He still has a couple of good seasons left in him and somebody will pick him up. Ice dont cry when Bruce doesnt perform the way that you think he will. Its going to to take alot more than a 190 year old past his primetime player to dig the Niners out of the cellar.
Niners QB is pitifull, I will give you that. However Jackson is TERRIBLE and by all standards is a whiner and poor hands WR. He is not a team player and will not be missed. With that, Issac Bruce is a better WR then ANYONE currently on the Hawks roster.

The Niners have a better current D then the Hawks will put out on the field. The only better intangile for the current Hawks team is the QB. I would not be jumping on a Hawk bandwagon and putting down any of the West teams. None are poised to be even good next year. It will again be the battle of the almost rans. Differance being the Cards, Rams and Niners are getting better while the Hawks in my opionion and many others are poised to go the wrong direction.
You can bet though they will not be stupid enough to sign Jackson. He is a cancer on a team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,688 Posts
Pace yourself Ice, it's only March.

Remember back to about July of last year when the 49ers were going to win the division because they had the best free agency signings and the best draft? wink: One day you will be right about the Hawks sliding but it won't be any time soon. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
The hawks defense is better than the niners! Hawks ranked 7th in the NFC in total defense to 12th for the niners. Although the Hawks did get to play the niners twicw this year, that helps any defense. The niners will not be good anytime soon. This will be nolans last year and a new system for smith. I will give Smith two more years and they will cut him. It is always easy for a fan of a bottom feeder team to say we will be better next year. Anyway good luck to the niners and there will always be next year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DBAppraiser said:
Pace yourself Ice, it's only March.

Remember back to about July of last year when the 49ers were going to win the division because they had the best free agency signings and the best draft? wink: One day you will be right about the Hawks sliding but it won't be any time soon. :D
Wont be soon as it has already happened. Mark my words and save this thread. Hawks are in deep doo doo Tdown: I could see them as a third place finish next year. No I am not going to slam the 5 time never chocked super Niners down everyones throat. They are offensivly offensive sick: But they will get better as the Hawks get worse fast. Look for the Niners, Cards, or Rams to be on upswing and one or two of these teams will easily have better records then the Hawks as they go backwards fast. They just dont have the studs anymore. Those 2 second string RBs will not make much a differance. Those Free agent losses will....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sr5mike said:
The hawks defense is better than the niners! Hawks ranked 7th in the NFC in total defense to 12th for the niners. Although the Hawks did get to play the niners twicw this year, that helps any defense. The niners will not be good anytime soon. This will be nolans last year and a new system for smith. I will give Smith two more years and they will cut him. It is always easy for a fan of a bottom feeder team to say we will be better next year. Anyway good luck to the niners and there will always be next year.
Hawks D did end up ranking better then the Niners. However they were in no way a better D. The Niners Defense was on the field more then any other D as they had to pick up the slack for an AWFUL QB and offense. Player for Player the Niners are much younger and better a both the D line and Backfield. Now with the FA losses of the Hawks it will not even be close in who is better. Wont make much differance as the Niners QB is awful and you are right. He will be gone, and sooner then 2 years. Until they get a good QB they are not a good team. They are one dimentional. But the Hawks are losing ground fast. I like them and really like Mora. But this will be a throw away year for them as they have a lame duck coach.
Watch out for the other 2 teams in the west! Make my words and save this post!

oh and you may be right about Nolan. I really wanted to like him. However after a good start he seems to not have the stuff it takes in this league. Bring back MOOCH!

NEWSBREAK! Niners just send Trent Dilfer to retirement! Trent is one heck of a good guy. Thanks for a great career my friend. Good luck in whatever he does! He is good people.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
wait a minute, you mean there's another Niner fan up here in the NW? Hey IceShark, born and raised in the Bay Area and now have to suffer like you... I'm afraid things won't get much better until Nolan is gone.. As I always say, Big and Bold 49er Gold! Although always a battle on Sundays with my family, big Seahawk group in here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
I wish Trent luck with whatever life brings him. I met Trent about four years ago, what a nice guy.He was more than happy to hang out and talk for about twenty mins, It is not everyday you get to talk with a superbowl champ. He doesnt look that big on TV , but he is a large man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,303 Posts
I have yet to see any reasons why the Hawks will be worse this year. God knows we have the West in the bag and no one can even get a winning record besides us. How can we NOT thrive in that situation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
I agree powder! 5-1 in the division gets you to the playoffs. We should not lose a division game but someone will get lucky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
So does anyone feel like DJ might be available at bargain prices? Do we need another receiver? I say we could get him without much impact on the cap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
296 Posts
The Niners offense flat sucked. Their defense was the best in the NFL if you take into account that the average number of plays a d was on the field was 44. While the Niners D was on the field 65 times per game average. And those guys played with pride all the way through the game. Never Quit.
Grand dad took me to my first Niners game in 65 at Kezar Stadium.
I don't know what niner qb sucks worse dilfer or smith. But hey badtimes come around. But remember the good times 5-0 in the superbowl. Look at a lot of past and current coaches in the NFL. Includuding The coach in Seattle. Where did they learn their trade. Under a guy named Bill Walsh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Other Niner fans on Gamefishin! I love it! Tup:
I too am from the Bay. Born and raised in Mountain View. Wife is from Los Altos.
My father was a season ticket holder since the early 60's. I grew up parking at my uncles and walking accross the street into Kezar. Then spent years at Candlestick. My brothers still go and I go as well from time to time. I remember as a kid collecting Berkley Farms milk cartons and going to the kids club and winning tickets each week to sit in the Berkley farms section. Boy those seats sucked. But it was awesome anyway.

Remember 72 and the Cowboys coming back to win. Remember the CATCH! Remember one of the best teams of all time. God I miss Eddie D! wink:

Our Defense rocks. But alas until we give up on Alex Smith and get a real Qb we are destined to mediocrisy.

Nolan had promise but now seems he is not a BIG TIME coach. I really wish they would bring Mooch back. I think he is a good coach.

Alas what we really need is the York family to get out of town.

GO NINERS!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
WIthout a QB the other three teams in the NFC west will do nothing again. Hasslebeck will have Seattle sitting at the top again, easily and have his best year ever. Niners will get nowhere with Smith, I doubt that they win five games, honestly. The Cardinals will be ok if Leinart can stay healthy. :?: Same for St. Louis, it all depends on if Bulger can stay healthy and how much he has left in the tank for another season.

I like the Seahawks running game this year. WIth Alexander and Morris gone, and young Jones and Duckett in the backfield teams will have to game plan differently
and not want to put Seattle in so many third and short yardage due to the fact that they will be able to pound some D lines this year with Walter Jones and Wahl on the left side.

It all comes down to leadership and defense. Seattles got it, the others dont... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Red Neckersom said:
WIthout a QB the other three teams in the NFC west will do nothing again. Hasslebeck will have Seattle sitting at the top again, easily and have his best year ever. Niners will get nowhere with Smith, I doubt that they win five games, honestly. The Cardinals will be ok if Leinart can stay healthy. :?: Same for St. Louis, it all depends on if Bulger can stay healthy and how much he has left in the tank for another season.

I like the Seahawks running game this year. WIth Alexander and Morris gone, and young Jones and Duckett in the backfield teams will have to game plan differently
and not want to put Seattle in so many third and short yardage due to the fact that they will be able to pound some D lines this year with Walter Jones and Wahl on the left side.

It all comes down to leadership and defense. Seattles got it, the others dont... :D
Ok lets examine this,

Leadership. Seattle has a lame duck coach and a QB that is very good but seems to not be a team leader type player. More of a complainer and finger pointer. I would say Seattle lacks good leadership. In the leadership catagory I think ALL the Nfc west teams are an "F"

Defense, Sorry but the Niners have a much younger and better suited defence for progression. Heck its the only thing that is good about them. The Rams defense is also young and getting better. Cards are lacking here. Look for this to be a problem with the inconsistant Hawks as they get points loaded on them like in Green bay. Plus with Dbs being suspect with FA loss of the best players and with Peterson starting to slow down. Tuwy is really the only great player on D for hawks.

Offense, Bulger if healthy still has a better offense then any of the NFC west teams. Jackson was hurt much of year and if healthy I watch for the Rams ( God I cant believe I am saying this) to be the top team in the NFC west this year. The Cards have the tools, yet still have not shown they can get it done. The Niners QB sucks and so does there O line. Oh and the hawks new Rb's are not very good. Niether is a superstart. No receivers and week TE and running game will spell low points for this offense. Then when that happens you will see Hassleback whining and falling apart.

Kicking game is Rams now. Others all suck.

Look for The Rams to win divisions. (YIKES) 10-6
Cards second at 8-8
Hawks third at 7-9
Niners last at 6-10

Mark my words!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,209 Posts
Iceshark said:
Red Neckersom said:
WIthout a QB the other three teams in the NFC west will do nothing again. Hasslebeck will have Seattle sitting at the top again, easily and have his best year ever. Niners will get nowhere with Smith, I doubt that they win five games, honestly. The Cardinals will be ok if Leinart can stay healthy. :?: Same for St. Louis, it all depends on if Bulger can stay healthy and how much he has left in the tank for another season.

I like the Seahawks running game this year. WIth Alexander and Morris gone, and young Jones and Duckett in the backfield teams will have to game plan differently
and not want to put Seattle in so many third and short yardage due to the fact that they will be able to pound some D lines this year with Walter Jones and Wahl on the left side.

It all comes down to leadership and defense. Seattles got it, the others dont... :D
Look for The Rams to win divisions. (YIKES) 10-6
Cards second at 8-8
Hawks third at 7-9
Niners last at 6-10

Mark my words!
LMAO, don't worry Ice, I will mark your words.

The Rams, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Tup:
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top